252 Sailfish Cockpit Light

wtpgc

Reaction score
I'm in the process of completely rewiring all of the electronics on my 1988 Sailfish 252. All of the lights are getting replaced with LEDs, but I'm having a hard time trying to deal with the overhead flourescent cockpit light. I just haven't found a good LED solution for that. I have considered installing a couple of low-light LED fixtures up there, but I'm trying to maintain the same seamless look that the factory light provided. The existing light works, and I am willing to re-install it if I can't find a better solution.

I tried using the search feature on here, but couldn't find anything related. Any suggestions?

wtpgc

Reaction score
Fishtales said:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/GRADY-WHITE-DAY-NIGHT-DOME-LIGHT-W-SPREADER-SWITCH-Whaler-Boat-Marine-RV/323168021163?hash=item4b3e50aaab:g:zuoAAOSwzvlW-GCy&vxp=mtr

might do the trick...
Unfortunately those are not LED lights. I'd re-use my existing fluorescent light rather than buying those.

Fishtales

Reaction score
You could look for the LED equivalent if desired. That's the standard light that GW uses.
Check out Lumitec lights they might have something. They make a great product.

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I just put the LED replacement bulbs in mine and they are great so far. There is a post on here somewhere about which one's. 1 click they are red, 2 clicks they are white.