265 Owners - Show me Your Helm!

Enough Already

Reaction score
2001 265 owner and I'm thinking about upgrading my electronics. I'm looking at the Furuno NavNet VX2 10.4" display but the inside height of the instrument "garage" is just a bit over 10" and the unit with stand is 10.3". It might just fit but problem is the top lip of the enclosure will cover the top 1" or so of the display and I think will interfere with the top display controls. The 8.4" NavNet 3D display is very cool and will fit but too much $$ for me. The guy at the WPB boat show this weekend said that I could build a panel inside the instrument garage and flush mount the VX2. Without the mounting bracket, the VX2 is 9.3" tall and might just fit. What kind of displays are you guys running? Any helm photos you could share to give me some ideas? Thanks.

Pete1313

Reaction score
Do a few searches - use "flush mount" or "starboard" or "dash" and you'll see quite a few examples of how crafty people around here can be!

I'm about to flush mount a C90W on top of my electronics box in my 248 because it won't fit inside...but the width/height of the back of the unit will easily fit in the existing hole-- just not the face of it...so get a 1/2" thick piece of seafoam colored starboard (will match your grady gelcoat) and there you go....(well, maybe a bit more complicated than that).

Anyhow - there are alot of threads and pictures on here of what people have done to fit electronics in their Gradys....

Good luck!

fishingFINattic

Reaction score
I have seen a few 265's with custom helms and flush mounted electronics.
The looked pretty nice -
Tim

Bill_N

Reaction score
Here's a shot of my C120 and 582L flushmounted. I don't have any glare issues and I run the chart, radar and weather display on the C120. Prior to this I had a Furuno 1650 which was adequate but small and a Raymarine radar in the overhead compartment. It was a PIA looking up and down at the chart and radar when running in the dark. This set-up works great. We did have to relieve the base of the box so the back of the C120 would fit. It's tight but doable.

P6060001.jpg

Enough Already

Reaction score
Hey Bill - looks great! How did you actually connect the starboard panel? Looks really good - with no exposed screw heads, which should help keep the thieves from getting any ideas.

I did do a search but many of the old threads no longer have the photos attached.

Bill_N

Reaction score
The install was done by a pro. It's screwed in from the backside and caulked. The bottom edge is beveled to match the angle of the instrument panel. I knew it was going to be tight and wanted it done right so I paid to have it done but the money I got for the old electronics pretty much covered it. I'm sure you could get the 10.4" Furuno in there if the C120 fits.

Bill