Adding Hardtop - Overnighter?

Bigfoot

Reaction score
Considering a Hardtop for the Overnighter

How much weight will this add, how much WOT will I lose(speed)
Fuel consumption

Where to buy and get installed ( here on Lake Lanier) ???

Mwills98

Reaction score
Of course, depends on the materials such as stainless vs aluminum, number of rocket launchers, structural members, top material, etc. All I can tell you is, I went with brushed aluminum, has a about a 1/2 thick azek (cellulose PVC) type material for the top without an electronics box, 4 rocket launchers and a cobia/crows nest without controls and the boat handles it very well. I really did not notice any drop off in speed or economy. Sure there was a bit, especially when heading into the wind but she always went as fast as I wanted to go given the conditions. Go for it and enjoy!

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Call Chris Garrison at CG Marine (www.cgmarine.net) 678-546-4666

If anyone would know of someone in town who could do it, it would be him. I suspect you are going to have to haul it to the coast though.

Additional weight is probably 400 lbs or so....plus some wind resistance....you will definitely lose some top end.

Bob's Cay

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Bigfoot, I have an '88 Overnighter on Lanier also. But I have the bimini. I sometimes wish it had a hardtop. Not sure if a Sunbrella or fiberglass top would be better considering weight.

Locally I would check with Fishmaster Towers. They are just off Brown's Bridge Rd. on Cumming side.

http://www.fishmaster.com/

The other choice might be Atlantic Towers.