anyone have outrigger on their grady marlin

No Worries

Reaction score
I have a 2006 306 marlin. It has a hard top. I bought taco 280 grand slam outriggers for it. I asked welder to come take a look at it for possible welding plate. He explained that the hard top is extremely durable and that i would only need taco metal backing plate for outrigger. He felt I wouldn't need welded plate to frame.
Does anyone else have outriggers on their hard top and have you had any issues. Even if i decide to weld plate it is going to cost over 1000 because boat has to be moved to marina where they can work on it. :hmm

Enough Already

Reaction score
No issues with mine. I used the backing plates and mounted as close to the hardtop support bar as possible. Despite the sig pic, I normally do not run with them extended unless it is flat calm.

ayacht

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Fishtales said:
Here is another install. This one used plates that were bolted to the frame, thus didn't weld and have to remove everything.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17862&p=114828&hilit=hardtop+outrigger#p114828

The bolted setup in this thread is on my boat. It has been on for a few years and is rock solid. A few tips makes sure that the holes are all epoxy cored or you will eventually have problems. I had the brackets powder coated to match the aluminum. It was the way to go.