Birds Of Feather

jetskibrian

Reaction score
Birds of feather flock together. No doubt about it! My wife Cindy and I went for a cruise on the jet ski Monday morning. We went along Mobjack Bay and New Point Comfort Light. While out we came across a group of a couple hundred pelicans and another area with several terns. Of course I took advantage of it and took many pictures. Here are some of them.

birdsoffeather.jpg

pelican44.jpg

outonalimb.jpg

pelicans30.jpg

pelicanskimmer.jpg

pelicanoverhead.jpg

pelicaninflight.jpg

pelican33.jpg

pelican25.jpg

pelicansinflight.jpg

naggingtern.jpg

piperonbeach.jpg

tern24.jpg

terndive.jpg

RoyalStrut.jpg

shoretogo

Reaction score
Brian - I've always admired your nature photos. They are terrific. I had read one of your posts where you said that you were using a Nikon D-40 and had recently purchased a 70-300 MM lens. Is the lens a standard 70-300 (cost approx 150) or a VR vibration reduction (cost approx 450) ? My wife has a D-40 and loves to take pictures of Osprey and other birds. I want to buy her a new lens for her birthday. I would like her to be able to take better pictures.

Keep up the great work - we all enjoy it.
Thanks John Kohler
shoretogo

jetskibrian

Reaction score
Thanks John,
I have a quantaray 70-300mm tele-macro lens it was about $ 600 dollars a couple of years ago. I use it on my D-40. I also just recently purchased a D-3100 that I am still trying to get used to.

Brian