Boat Shipping East Coast to West Coast - Prices/Referrals

bhemi

Reaction score
Has anyone shipped a Grady from the New York/Boston area to the westcoast? I'm looking for a ballpark price and any shippers who are reliable and insurable!

I'm debating between repowering my Marlin or biting the bullet and getting a 33 Express. My bias is newer boat so I'm checking out my options.

5-Salt

Reaction score
Model
Voyager
Shipped 248 Voyager from CT to Oregon in 2005 on it's trailer.

About 3,600 total. At today's fuel price I would guess it go about $5,000

georgemjr

Reaction score
Just shipped a 33 Express from Lake Michigan to Long Island, cost $3,000. Lowest price quote on Uship was about $2,300. Your best bet would be to post it to uship and see what quotes you get.

matt180

Reaction score
boat shipping

I shipped a boat from NC to Southern CA this past summer. I used a guy named Sam Anderson who's company is Wehaulboats. My experience couldn't have been better. If I ever ship a boat again he'll be hauling it.

I found him on UShip. If you use UShip my advice is be VERY careful in choosing a shipper. Feel free to PM me contact info if you'd like more details on either the shipper I used or my experience on UShip. I'd be happy to talk with you.

Matt

markb8608

Reaction score
Try posting on U-ship.com

Hello
I had my GW shipped from galveston TX to NJ. I used U-ship.com as was quite satisfied.
You can have various haulers bid on your plan.
kind regards
mark

Butcherboy

Reaction score
shipper

Yesterday my 258 arrived from Baltimore here in San Diego. The shipper I used was Phillip Johnson Trucking..(334-677-5464)...he is a pro, I am very satisfied. the cost was 3,800 and would had been 500 less if my boat had its own trailer.. fyi u-ship gets 11% off the top. I found Phillip through a referral on a boating site....Tom