Bolster Cushion Material

ktcarter

Reaction score
I'm looking to recover the cockpit bolsters on my boat. Can someone direct me to a company that makes this material? I'm looking for the exact same material that came with the boat.

peter devine

Reaction score
just ordered mine today

search past posts and there is a well listed discription of the process and place to get it.
fabricwarehouse.com 3 yrds "seaquest roll and pleat in chalk, plus shipping to Rhode Island $65.94

beaconfabric.com 1 pk 1/4 in ss staples (1000ct) plus shipping $ 20.13

Contacted my grady dealer and was quoted $1,400.00 for just the port and starboard pads on a 1997 sailfish!!!

Good luck

Finatic

Reaction score
I went through the same process this past winter. I was able to buy the Seaquest Roll'n' Pleat off of Ebay. There is a guy in FL that carries every color and will cut to length. He also carries the matching welting. As far as the SS staples are concerned, I was able to purchase them at Home Depot. The project turned out great and didn't take as long as I thought. The worst part was removing all the old staples. Good luck.

seasick

Reaction score
Finatic said:
I went through the same process this past winter. I was able to buy the Seaquest Roll'n' Pleat off of Ebay. There is a guy in FL that carries every color and will cut to length. He also carries the matching welting. As far as the SS staples are concerned, I was able to purchase them at Home Depot. The project turned out great and didn't take as long as I thought. The worst part was removing all the old staples. Good luck.
If you read the label on that box of SS staples it says "Not for use in Marine applications". I used monel but they are a pain to find. I got them on Amazon but shipping was half again the price of the staples.

ktcarter

Reaction score
For what it is worth. I had them send me samples of both the Seaquest Chalk color and Sea White. Neither are an exact match but the Sea White is pretty close. Chalk isn't close at all.