Corrosion of F225 engine block

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Thank you.

Quote so far is for 4.2 F250 digital, controls, new tach, rigging, prop,,,$26,215. No trade value yet for my rehabbed 3.3 F225.

chrisk

Reaction score
Congrats on the new motor. Don't know how old your boat is but you might want to consider new gauges. Mine is a '92 so it was time for new ones. I went with the "updated" round replacement gauges and it wasn't too much more. The 4.2 litre motors are awesome! You'll love it.

Chris

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
HMBJack said:
Congratulations.

So... What are you going to do with your 2004 F225 with 200 hours?

It's already gone. A guy offered me $2K for it "as is" and I took him up on it.

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
chrisk said:
Congrats on the new motor. Don't know how old your boat is but you might want to consider new gauges. Mine is a '92 so it was time for new ones. I went with the "updated" round replacement gauges and it wasn't too much more. The 4.2 litre motors are awesome! You'll love it.

Chris

Thanks Chris. My boat had the round digital gauges from 2004. They are still good and will work with the new engine the salesman said. The down side is that, according to him, the hour meter is not resetable so will read 209 hrs when we hook up the new motor. I would like to have the Command Link gauges but they are too expensive.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Halfhitch said:
chrisk said:

Chris

Thanks Chris. My boat had the round digital gauges from 2004. They are still good and will work with the new engine the salesman said. The down side is that, according to him, the hour meter is not resetable so will read 209 hrs when we hook up the new motor. I would like to have the Command Link gauges but they are too expensive.

Your hour meter is on the tach, just buy a new tach, start at zero hours. Since mine are original to the boat, I'll be getting both new.

Fishtales

Reaction score
sounds like a good move. good luck with the new engine....

wbdenamur

Reaction score
I had the exact same issue. I opted to have the welding done. The shop here at Treasure Island marina in Panama City Fl did a great job and three years later plus 200 more hours on my twin Yamaha 225s with no problem. I did get the full exhaust repair kit from SIM Yamaha. Well worth the money. New engines will wait quite some time longer.

mmiela

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I wouldn’t reward Yamaha by buying another one of their engines after having this on a 200 hour engine. THey knew they had an issue and didn’t stand by their product. Cost me $2700 bucks to fix mine with 900 hours.