Electrical issue on 1994 ..... 09 Escape CC

Slydog

Reaction score
Model
Escape
Electrical issue can't figure it out I cleaned the ground and hot to the fuse panel checked all fuses everything is good I have no running lights no horn or cockpit lights nor bilge pump will work. However my motor turns over I have tilt and trim working on motor the Yamaha gauges on the console panel light up when I turn the key to the on position any idea with my problem could be also just wanted to note that both batteries are fully charged and well over 12 volts in each battery any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sparkdog118

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Your house circuit may have a main ground unhooked or corroded. The main positive may have a fuse or a circuit breaker corroded or tripped.

Sparkdog118

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Look around the batteries and the battery switch for the breaker or fuse. Check the fuse panel for power with a test light or volt meter also.

Sparkdog118

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
The engine related items and the house related items are completely powered separately.

Reactions: Slydog

Slydog

Reaction score
Model
Escape
Look around the batteries and the battery switch for the breaker or fuse. Check the fuse panel for power with a test light or volt meter also.
I will pay attention to those areas see if I can resolve this electrical issue going on thanks for the input I appreciate it very much.

seasick

Reaction score
Advice given is spot on. One thing to look for is if everything that works on accessory power is dead . You mentioned that the bilge pump doesn't work. If you mean the manual mode, that makes sense. If the automatic mode (float activated) don't work, that too is powered on a totally different feed and that could mean that the pump probably didn't work before and may not be related to your current issue.
Back to the problem: If nothing that usually works only when the battery switch is turned on now doesn't work, you probably have a bad or tripped breaker in the battery area. It is also possible that you may have battery voltage at the accessory bus but a bad ground. That usually happens at the helm but it could be at the battery area.
If you recently changed or disconnected a battery or batteries, you probably left a cable disconnected. Look around the batteries for cable that is not connected. It needs to be connected to the battery negative terminal

Slydog

Reaction score
Model
Escape
Advice given is spot on. One thing to look for is if everything that works on accessory power is dead . You mentioned that the bilge pump doesn't work. If you mean the manual mode, that makes sense. If the automatic mode (float activated) don't work, that too is powered on a totally different feed and that could mean that the pump probably didn't work before and may not be related to your current issue.
Back to the problem: If nothing that usually works only when the battery switch is turned on now doesn't work, you probably have a bad or tripped breaker in the battery area. It is also possible that you may have battery voltage at the accessory bus but a bad ground. That usually happens at the helm but it could be at the battery area.
If you recently changed or disconnected a battery or batteries, you probably left a cable disconnected. Look around the batteries for cable that is not connected. It needs to be connected to the battery negative terminal
Thanks a ton for all the input and advice. Problem solved I had a tripped breaker in the battery hold down area the little simplest thing.

seasick

Reaction score
Thanks a ton for all the input and advice. Problem solved I had a tripped breaker in the battery hold down area the little simplest thing.
Glad you found it. Keep an eye on that breaker. If you haven't added power hungry accessories, it shouldn't trip. It is possible you bumped into it it but it is also possible 1. it is bad and will pop again, or 2 Your load is too high and t will also pop again.

Slydog

Reaction score
Model
Escape
Glad you found it. Keep an eye on that breaker. If you haven't added power hungry accessories, it shouldn't trip. It is possible you bumped into it it but it is also possible 1. it is bad and will pop again, or 2 Your load is too high and t will also pop again.
once again thanks for all the input it definitely help solve my problem. Happy boating to all.