F300's on 330 Express

Bob's Cay

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted before but here is a Yamaha produced video of a repower of a 330 with a pair of the new F300's. They make some pretty impressive performance gains.

Look at the video at about the 50 sec mark. Sure looks to me like a lot of movement in the engines when they "hit it". Watched it several times and could not tell if it was the engine moving or if the camera was moving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eQGD5rCF6g

kooch1221

Reaction score
If the gains in performance they posted are legit you would have to conclude the 330s were underpowered when they left the factory.

Bob's Cay

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Yeah the flex at the transom seems excessive. But I can not tell if it is from the engine mounts, the transom, or movement of the camera as the boat accelerated.

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Bob's Cay said:
Yeah the flex at the transom seems excessive. But I can not tell if it is from the engine mounts, the transom, or movement of the camera as the boat accelerated.

Appears to be the engine mounts. Apparently all new mounts were designed for this engine, with a lot of special rubber dampeners. I think the 'movement' of the engine head is the mount responding to the added thrust.

Brian