Fuel gauge problem

jaydub

Reaction score
Having a problem with the Yamaha command link fuel gauge reading on my 2013 GW 306 Canyon AUX fuel tank. Filled the tank and it didn't come up on the gauge. The MAIN tank is reading OK. I contacted GW and they sent me a new sending unit for my AUX tank which is 150 gal. I removed the old one and installed the new one in the tank using the same connections from the previous unit. The installation went good once I got the screw holes matched to the pattern. Everything went good but when I turned on the unit I still am not getting any reading on the tank with the new sending unit-shows empty but it is actually 2/3 full.

Not sure if there is anything else I need to do like recalibrating the gauge with the new sender. That's a pain if I need to do that. I am going to take it out and run it in a couple of days and thought maybe that might cause it to reset.

Does anyone know of anything I should do or is there something else that could be causing the problem?

jaydub

Reaction score
Finally was able to get the 306 out and after about a half hour of running, hitting some chop, bow up and down the fuel gauge with the new sender unit suddenly started working and works fine now. Thanks for the part Grady White.