Fuel Tank on Sailfish 25

Clockwork

Reaction score
Does anyone know the dimension of the main 125g tank on an 88 sailfish 255? I have to replace it and I would like to start fabbing it up but cant tell thedimensions of thebottom. Plus there is an affordable good used one available right now but icant tell if the bottom is pointed or flat or how deep it is.

Also how did you get it out? I got thefloor out but its a pretty tight fit and pretty heavy.thanks.

Pez Vela

Reaction score
The bottom of the fuel tank is flat, and measures the same as the top. Removal of mine required two persons who were paid handsomely for their effort. Sorry, there are no known shortcuts. I have posted some before and after pics on this site (as have others, I'm sure) so you should be able to find them if you care to look around a bit.

JeffN

Reaction score
Interesting on my '83 it looks like the main tank is angled at the bottom to fit in the "V" of the hull. I have not had it out though. When I had the deck over the tank removed for repair a couple of years ago IIRC I would have been able to get a measurement of the tank depth at the rear of the tank as there was enough room on mine to get a tape measure down there.

RAINMAKER

Reaction score
You can contact Danny Davis or one of the other customer service reps @ Grady White and they will fax or e-mail you the blue prints for your tank/tanks. This is what I did when I built new tanks for my 24......
Grady-White (252) 752-2111