Grady canvas question...

fishbust

Reaction score
It all seems to be the same. Is the 'Grady' canvas made cookie cutter style as it appears to be? Meaning, can I buy 1 piece from a dealer and it will just fit right?

I am missing the center backdrop and doubt broker will be able to track it down through previous owners. Missing things after the sale tend to stay missing.

Thanks.

GreatWhite23

Reaction score
What grady do you have? I have a 91 gulfstream. I might have two of the pieces you are looking. If they will work

fishbust

Reaction score
GreatWhite23 said:
What grady do you have? I have a 91 gulfstream. I might have two of the pieces you are looking. If they will work

I have a 2000 272 but thanks much greatwhite.

JeffN

Reaction score
Fish check out this thread. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20863&p=127848&hilit=new+canvas#p127848 It notes Grady's OEM canvas source. I don't know their pricing but years ago the canvas from a Grady dealer was silly expensive. Grady has changed policy with their suppliers as far as sales etc. Back in the 80' and early 90's you could only get canvas, hardtops and parts from Grady dealers or have them made locally. You could not buy directly from their suppliers. Now if the boat is a certain number of years old you can contact the supplier. Or that is what I have found anyway. Because of all that I have sourced my canvas and cushions from local vendors. They fit it right to the boat and I can have them tweak things to my liking - smiles or frowns etc. in the side curtains and grade of material etc. I have found the aftermarket material to be better quality or more choice anyway from my local canvas guy. With your hard top it might be a more simple process perhaps - not as many variables. I have a soft top so it can be done a few different ways.

grady23

Reaction score
A & J Canvas in VanceBoro, North Carolina make the enclosures for Grady-White. 252-244-1509 When I was there 2 years ago they still had patterns for boats back in to the early '90's.