Grady Drops Prices - Again!

striped bass

Reaction score
Grady White, Yamaha, and GW Dealerships have resuscitated their factory invoice sale for the last weeks of July. You may recall the posts on this forum in early June of record low prices for new 2009 Gradys as well as 2008 leftovers. Well . . . here they go again! Grady is probably making an all out effort to clear out inventory to improve the bottom line and get ready for 2010 models. I'm sure the finance companies are pushing dealerships real hard as well.

http://www.gradywhite.com/

http://baertmarine.com/boatsforsale/class_search.pl

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
dooooh, as Homer Simpson says...maybe we should have waited to buy our boat. Got a good deal in March, but it seems maybe a better deal to be had now....oh well.... :roll:

HDGWJOE

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I know there are a lot of great deals on used boats right now.... but I'd love to know what % the average dealer is knocking off msrp for new GW's!! Grady has to be giving dealers lower cost and/or higher kickbacks so they can survive this economy. Grady, being a premier priced line for a discretionary product, has to be hurting pretty bad.

striped bass

Reaction score
Participating dealers are knocking off 30% and up. The sales prices are not too far from factory invoice. What a deal if you are in the market for a Grady.

striped bass

Reaction score
Slimjim:
Click on Baert Marine listed in the first post and then scroll down to "New" boats. Bill Baert has low low prices on this clear out sale.

HDGWJOE

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
sb... I just looked again... I didn't see the actual prices listed on "new" Grady's... just "Call for prices". Did I miss something? If they are giving 30% that is one heck of a deal.

striped bass

Reaction score
HDGWJOE
Baert listed prices on their web page during their June sale. Very attractive. Many posters on this forum were surprised at the actual prices being posted on the dealership's web site.

http://www.greatgrady.com/forum/viewtop ... rt&start=0

I assume they are still the same low process now since this is a continuation of the Grady White sponsored June sale. When I called Baert in June the personnel were very upfront with the prices and how they were derived. If you are really interested I would call Baert and check out the prices. Since Baert is competing with other participating Grady dealerships in this sale they probably don't want to advertise their prices to give away any advantage. I guess if you access GW's home page and look up other dealerships you can check which other dealerships are participating and get their prices.
One price I remember was a GW 360 normally close to $500K new was on sale at $299K.

HDGWJOE

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
SB, thank you... the one that hit me was the price on the 360.... $299K is almost $100K under their msrp when they introduced the boat in 2005. Unbelieveable!!! Big problem I have would be unloading my current boat which is 4 yrs old... those first 4 yrs are major depreciation years then it slowly starts to flatten off if demand is there.

Z4J

Reaction score
Not all GW dealers

striped bass said:
Participating dealers are knocking off 30% and up. The sales prices are not too far from factory invoice. What a deal if you are in the market for a Grady.

30% sounds good until you call 3 different dealers and get 3 different list prices for the same boat with comparable stuff.

Same boat 3 different net prices at 30% off.

My closest dealer even told me he wasn't participating with any % discount.

F18amec

Reaction score
I agree that grady, just like every other market is trying to clear out their inventory. I shopped the internet for boat prices for a long time, read long time to mean over 2 years, once I had decided to invest in a grady. I bought my grady end of june and got what I feel is great deal on my 08 left over 208. I got the boat, trailer, fishfinder, radio(dealer installed), safety gear and the 5 year engine warranty for 15k less than orginal list price for the boat 12 months ago. In Hampton Roads(Norfolk, Va Beach) area Grady has lots of compitetion so you can haggle if you do your research and are willing to be paitient. Anyway, love the boat and having great time with it. My two cents...

Rick 8)