Grady-White Parts?

GulfSea

Reaction score
Just got my 228 a month ago and need a Bracket Drain Plug (plastic with seal). I also need an extra garboard drain plug for a back up. Is there an online source to order from? The nearest dealer is about 45 miles away.

Thanks, Steve

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Both those parts are pretty generic and not specific to GW. Check out the usual online suspects for marine hardware.

For what it's worth, I got tired of fooling with the plastic bracket drain and replaced it with a standard garboard style ... :wink:

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
if it's a gil bracket you can go right to them. that's what i did. bought a couple for spares. i filled the hole in the "nut' with 5200 for extra strength. at the end of every season i would open it, and re-grease it. don't over-tighten; finger tight only. i'm not sure you want to use a bronze garboard plug in an aluminum bracket.

you can get the garboard plug anywhere. ron

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The Garboard plugs are available in Wal-Mart....about $3 apiece.

GulfSea

Reaction score
Ok, I got the garboard plug but still don't know where to go for the plastic plug on the bracket. If there's a link, number or address anyone can provide, I'll go that route. Thanks for the heads up on the garboard plug.

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
like i said, if it's Gil, give them a call. they have a parts dept. ron