GW-241 PCV question

LX Kid

Reaction score
Hello to all. New to boating and just bought a 24 foot 1982 Grady White 241 Weekender. Trying to get her going and have had to buy lots of parts to get her up and running. My question is, "Does the 305 engine have a PCV for emission control? Both valve cover hoses go back to the air filter and I don't see a vaccum source for one either. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

'84Offshore

Reaction score
The I/O's don't have a PCV/emission system.............the hoses from the valve covers just connect to the flame arrestor.

I would recommend trying the I/O forum at iboats.com............a bunch of very knowledgable guys willing to help........http://forums.iboats.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21.........good luck with your purchase, as I said in your other post........I prefer the I/O's also.

LX Kid

Reaction score
Thanks '78GradyGulfstream! This is the first forum I've tried and will give iboats a try for I/O drive questions. Did you know that people will tell you anything to sell their older boats?!?!!! I know that's hard to believe. (LoL) Only had her three days and have ordered new tilt motor assembly, tilt motor mount bracket, water pump, carburetor and etc, etc, etc! That being said I still would have bought it knowing those problems. Good thing I'm mechanicall handy. It did come with new heat exchanger manifolds though. Couple of thousand dollars and some elbow grease should get her going though. Ron

LX Kid

Reaction score
I did'nt see anything on the outdrive stating what it is. I'm assuming it's a Mercruiser outdrive. I guess it's going to take me awhile to become more savy on my I/O boat. I'll check for other post where you responded. Thanks