Help....not sure what buttons are for!

fullphase

Reaction score
Hey there,

I have a new to me 1997 208 adventure. There are 2 buttons/switches near the back of the boat on the inside of the side gunnel (hope that is the correct nautical term). I will attempt to post a pic of the location. When i purchased the boat I was told they were some setup to steer the kicker. They were installed when he bought the boat but ended up just cutting the wires. Not sure if that was really the case. I would like to know more about this setup. If anyone can give me any clues what these butttons were for, please let me know. thanks

Mike

Attachments

• IMG_3380.jpeg
    IMG_3380.jpeg
    122.9 KB · Views: 1,397
  • IMG_3381.jpeg
    IMG_3381.jpeg
    179.7 KB · Views: 1,398
  • IMG_3382.jpeg
    IMG_3382.jpeg
    186.6 KB · Views: 1,397

Lt.Mike

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Because of the location I may have guessed it was for a washdown pump but there is the downrigger mount sitting right there so my vote is for an electric downrigger also.

Two tips on the image, first resize it with microsoft paint. 600 pixels seems about right for posting.
Second, when the images are posted to large to view mouse over the image, right click and choose "view image".

fullphase

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies......
The more I think about them the more I am trying to think of some way I can turn them into electric kicker steering tabs.......ones that I can operate form the Starboard or Port side depending on what side the boat I am on.....Playing fish! The more I think of it the more I need to make it work!!

gw204

Reaction score
That sounds like a really complicated and possibly expensive way to accomplish the same thing as walking from one side of the boat to the other. :)

suzukidave

Reaction score
maybe you hook up one switch to turn right and the one on the other side to turn left.

srsly, that is not where i would want a kicker remote control. i want to be able to sit in a helm chair when fishing. I'd also have the downrigger mounted further forward for better access, although i understand the logic of putting it on the corner.