Hoping for lift advice - 208 Adventure

Kjc12

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Hello. I’m new to boating and lifts. I recently purchased a 93 208 Adventure that I’ll be keeping on a lift on an inlet.

I found the Grady White chart stating that the lift bunks should be either 15” or 29” apart. I have them set perfectly at 29” and the boat appears to be resting on its chines.

Should I bring the bunks in another 3 to 4 inches? Should I also angle them inwards towards each other?

Thank you in advance for any guidance!

Attachments

• IMG_1988.jpeg
    IMG_1988.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1986.jpeg
    IMG_1986.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 31

Coastboater

Reaction score
Yes, they need to be moved so the hull isn’t resting on the cradle cross beams.
When I’m setting my lift up for a new boat I measure the distance between the new boat stringers and set my lift cradle bunks to be centered under the stringers. I think this supports the hull ideally and you don’t have to worry about hitting thru-hulls, as those aren’t under stringers.

seasick

Reaction score
Hello. I’m new to boating and lifts. I recently purchased a 93 208 Adventure that I’ll be keeping on a lift on an inlet.

I found the Grady White chart stating that the lift bunks should be either 15” or 29” apart. I have them set perfectly at 29” and the boat appears to be resting on its chines.

Should I bring the bunks in another 3 to 4 inches? Should I also angle them inwards towards each other?

Thank you in advance for any guidance!
If you used the Grady chart for the stringer spacing, those numbers are not the distance from port bunk to starboard bunk but rather are measurements from the centerline of the bunk to the keel. In effect the bunk spacing would be twice the number or in your case 30 inch spacing or 58 inch spacing.
In addition if you bunks can be tilted, they should be. Yoy are putting all the load on the inner edge of the bunk

Reactions: Kjc12

Kjc12

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
If you used the Grady chart for the stringer spacing, those numbers are not the distance from port bunk to starboard bunk but rather are measurements from the centerline of the bunk to the keel. In effect the bunk spacing would be twice the number or in your case 30 inch spacing or 58 inch spacing.
In addition if you bunks can be tilted, they should be. Yoy are putting all the load on the inner edge of the bunk
Thank you! I do now have them angled but at 15 inches apart. I'll move them to 30 ASAP.

JerseyGrady

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 205
HI,

Where did you find the grady chart?

I'm looking for the same infor for a 2007 205 Tournament - not sure if the hull was the same from 93?

I have the owner's manual and there is no mention about bunk spacing

Thanks.

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
This is dated 2020 but I don't know how many earlier models are the same.

PaX6MSMh.png

Reactions: JerseyGrady

Harrysea

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Don’t forget to increase the height of your bunk supports. It looks like you’re either resting on the cross beam or dangerously close. When you widen the bunk spacing an inch and then adjust the bunk angles to fit the contour of your hull, the keel is going to drop two or three inches lower than it is now. If you can’t adjust the bunks higher, you’ll need to go to the lower stringer spacing to keep from bottoming out on the rail.

Ekea

Reaction score
Model
Chase
x2 on above. do not let your keel rest on the i-beam.

if the spacing places a bunk directly under a strake, match the bunk to the strake (most likely perfectly horizontal). if its between the bunks, angle it so it matches the hull. the more contact area the better.

JerseyGrady

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 205
This is dated 2020 but I don't know how many earlier models are the same.

PaX6MSMh.png
Thanks for this. I did come across this chart on another thread. It seems they got it from Grady customer service. I have reached out to them for correct year, but have not yet had a reply. Anyone have insight as to the hull shape between the 2020 208 on this chart and and the 2007 205? The 205 seems very similar to the new ones, and the 208 was just updated this year, so I am guessing info they might be of similar mold?

JerseyGrady

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 205
Thanks for this. I did come across this chart on another thread. It seems they got it from Grady customer service. I have reached out to them for correct year, but have not yet had a reply. Anyone have insight as to the hull shape between the 2020 208 on this chart and and the 2007 205? The 205 seems very similar to the new ones, and the 208 was just updated this year, so I am guessing info they might be of similar mold?
Length beam and fuel capacity are the same…