How to open dome lid on courtesy spreader light

oviv

Reaction score
I have the dome light in my cockpit with the courtesy/spreader switch on my GW 265 Express. It is working fine but I want to replace the bulbs with LED. I can not figure out how to open the clear lid. It seems to turn a bit but will not pop out. Any suggestions?

Ovi

bayrat

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
oviv said:
I have the dome light in my cockpit with the courtesy/spreader switch on my GW 265 Express. It is working fine but I want to replace the bulbs with LED. I can not figure out how to open the clear lid. It seems to turn a bit but will not pop out. Any suggestions?

Ovi

Just went thru this on my Seafarer…so I am assuming its the same. Get a thin screwdriver and place between lens and frame and pop it out. The lens has 4 tabs which hold it into the frame so just move the screwdriver so its not on one of those tabs and it should come out without a problem. I couldn't figure it out either so I called GW..they clued me in.

the.devo

Reaction score
I've come this close (picture my fingers almost touching) to smashing it with a hammer to replace the bulbs. Thank you for saving me...