how to tow a tube with twin engines?

lime4x4

Reaction score
Looking for a way to safely tow a tuber. Any ideas?

20140608_103202.jpg

lime4x4

Reaction score
The problem with running a rope of the eyes is depending which way i turn in relationship to the tube the rope goes into the engine cowls

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Run a line from one mooring eye, or lifting ring,(whatever you call them)to the other with enough slack so you can throw it over the top of the engines. This way you have a "bridle" of sorts and you can attach your tube line to it. This way, it is centered behind the engines for an even pull while underway.

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
the harness i posted hooks on to the stern eyes. i have used them for decades.

spoons

Reaction score
magicalbill said:
Run a line from one mooring eye, or lifting ring,(whatever you call them)to the other with enough slack so you can throw it over the top of the engines. This way you have a "bridle" of sorts and you can attach your tube line to it. This way, it is centered behind the engines for an even pull while underway.

This is the type of bridle I would run but additionally I would slip a straight through boat fender at the V as a "float" to keep the V bridle out of the prop if you slow down or drift to keep it out of the props. Tow boats add the fender to keep the rope floating and out of the prop.