Introducing myself and a few pics of my boat......

rockyraider

Reaction score
Hey ya'll. I have been reading this forum for a few years. I bought my well used Grady a year ago and so far it has been enjoyable. I have not been able to use it as much as I would have liked but each time I've had it out its made it all worth while.

My boat is an '83 204 Fisherman. It is in very good shape and has a rebuilt transom, a 1996 Suzuki DT 225, and some other upgrades such as stainless double clamped through hull fittings, a new switch panel on the console, etc.... With some minor gel coat work to fix a few spider cracks and such it would be in GREAT condition. It actually came with the original bow spray curtain, factory boat cover, and owner's manual.

I'm just curious how common these boats are as I have never seen another one on the water and its even rare to fine one on the internet? Its the only one I have ever seen in person. Its amazing how heavy this thing is built. The gel still shines up sprisingly well for a 27 year old boat and the roven matting used is thick as all get out. Anyway, I'll try to attach a few pics of my boat. I'm curious to see what everyone thinks.

Edit: Can someone tell me how to post pics on this sight, all my photos are on my computer and I don't have them saved to a photo sharing website? [/img]

sean hunter

Reaction score
good luck with the pics, i think one of the moderators had to help me out posting some of my sailfish 25. love to see the pics though.

rockyraider

Reaction score
Testing out a pic.....

Grady%20Resize%201.jpg
[/img]

Grady%20Resize%202.jpg

[/img]
Grady%20Resize%203.jpg

Grady%20Resize%204.jpg

[/img]

rockyraider

Reaction score
Anyone have any idea how "rare" this boat is? I really have no clue other than that I have never seen another one in person and they even seem rare on the internet. Searching with google turns up very little in the way of the older 204 Fishermen, especially with the lappy hulls. The overnighters seem much more common. Anyway, enjoy and let me know what you guys think. Like I said earlier, its all original and I even have the original owners manual, factory boat cover, and the original spray curtains.

Strikezone

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I certainly don't see many of this vintage around Charleston. Looks like you still have a showroom shine!

A

Anonymous

I seen one for quite a while for sale on Craigslist. The boat was located in Huntington LI. I think i twas a 1977. Didn't look in bad shape, but pictures can't tell the whole story !

Bob's Cay

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Good looking boat. I am sure you will enjoy her. I also own an older (1988) Grady that I have had for 14 years. One remarkable thing I have found is no matter that my boat is older and I am not the original owner, Grady treats everyone the same. I have had a couple of questions and Grady CS was very quick with answers. The Grady website is a great resource including old catalogs and owners manuals for reference. And for the royal treatment, take a factory tour.

JUMPNJACK

Reaction score
Nice!

Hello RockyRaider, Looks like you've got yourself a real prize there. Very Nice! What a classy little lady she is! No doubt that she should really move out with that 225! Congatulations, I know you must be proud! 8)

rockyraider

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I think she's pretty unique since you don't see many of the lappy center consoles. I wonder if Grady would like to buy her back since she's in such good shape, lol!