Lockwood Closing? Ga Grady White Dealer

Bob's Cay

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
A friend of mine just forwarded an email to me that was sent by Lockwood Marine. In the ad they are offering bank approved short sales on remaining models for a short while. It also claims that remainder after the sale will be transferred to other dealers.

While it does not come out and say it, it sure implies they are closing.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
They were nice enough folks.....Alex sold the 226 when it was new, and connected me with the owner when he was ready to sell. I've also ordered a couple things from their parts dept over the years.

That said, they were entirely inconvenient, even if you lived in the nearest city (Savannah)...30 miles south of there and off a 2 lane road 6 miles from I-95. You really had to know where you were going.

It will be interesting to see who picks up the line...particularly in Jacksonville. Its a long way between the Hilton Head Boathouse and Parker Boats in Daytona....

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
I bought my 228 from them last year. Great people, sad if it is true. But you are right, they were out there in the middle of nowhere....

JiminGA

Reaction score
That leaves Mid-Carolina Marine in Columbia, SC as the dealer in the area now. Great folks but not real convenient to the coast.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
What about Seeles or is it Seals in Charleston? They are a Grady dealer...

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Financial difficulties are unfortuntely still prevalent in the industry. Probably be more before we are done. Only those of have either managed their inventory to avoid the substantial interest payments, and/or utilized their service depts etc.... will survive.

If in fact Lockwood is going away, that will mean the 3rd dealer change in less than 2 years in Jacksonville. (Crews n2 (Pete Lofton's)->Lockwood-->??). And its still 250 miles from Daytona to Hilton Head. Seems like someone should pick up the line.

capt chris

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Ohio River Louisville, Ky./Lake Cumberland, Ky
Parthery said:
They were nice enough folks.....Alex sold the 226 when it was new, and connected me with the owner when he was ready to sell. I've also ordered a couple things from their parts dept over the years.

That said, they were entirely inconvenient, even if you lived in the nearest city (Savannah)...30 miles south of there and off a 2 lane road 6 miles from I-95. You really had to know where you were going.

It will be interesting to see who picks up the line...particularly in Jacksonville. Its a long way between the Hilton Head Boathouse and Parker Boats in Daytona....
Parthery,
Marine Max has already become the GW dealer in J'ville after Lockwood closed back in Sept '09. I was at the MarineMax store a couple of years ago when they were next door to the GW dealer then, Crews N 2. This will be the third GW dealer in J'ville in 3 years, it's been a very unstable market place for Grady. I'll check out Marine Max this summer when I'm @ Amelia.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I stand corrected.....per GW's website, MarineMax is now carrying GW in Jacksonville.