Marine Electrician Hartford, CT

striped bass

Reaction score
I have a new Garmin 440S GPS/Plotter that will replace a vintage Apelco GPS in my 225 Tournament. Are they any good marine electricians out there in Grady White land in or near Hartford, CT who would be willing to install trhe Garmin GPS for me? Many thanks in advance for any replies.

fishingFINattic

Reaction score
Just down at DockSide electronics in Mystic.....
Top notch company...... not sure if Hartford is too far.

Tim

double2trouble

Reaction score
Regarding Custom Nav - couldn't you schedule an appointment, motor down the Ct River and Tie up at the Saybrook launch (under 95) and have the technician do the install right at the dock?

striped bass

Reaction score
There are several issues. A transducer needs to be installed with the GPS (it is a D/S as well as a fish finder). The vessel has never had bottom paint which is going on in about two weeks. The transducer needs to be applied before the bottom paint. That is why I'm looking for an electrician to do the work now while the boat is on the trailer.

double2trouble

Reaction score
..perhaps I am missing the point - but the transducer is screwed into the transom (ext mount) after paint. My transducer brackett sits on top of the bottom paint.

striped bass

Reaction score
I guess it depends on which expert you talk to. Grady White advised me to install the transducer first. You may be right, however. The bigger issue is that the boat is now high and dry with easy access to the transom. Once in the drink, it would have to be hauled out again just for the transducer which I would like to avoid.