enough said:)

Attachments

• DSC_0002 (500x332).jpg
    DSC_0002 (500x332).jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 2,071

Bob's Cay

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Dale, Nice looking setup. Looks like more boat than I would want to tow. But I guess a short run down I-16 to Savannah wouldn't bee too bad. Not a lot of hills or even turns!

Did that boat come from the Lanier area? If so I bet it's a good one.

Bob

dale1

Reaction score
thanks guys.

Bob, the boat spent 12 years in Maryland with the original owner. "smiling rat"
it was stored inside on a rack during that time.

It spent about 2 years in Florida. I rescued her January of this year. Its back under a shelter again. The main reason its home, is my desire to tinker. I usually spend several hours per week, fixing and cleaning stuff. I'm doing a minor remodel in the cuddy, and completing the windshield project. I said in anther post, that id rather work on it than use it:) I was a 20 year aircraft mech, and now I sit behind a desk all day :cry: Feels good to tinker on something.

The 3500 ram dually with HO 6.7 has a 30,000lb tow capacity :D its easier to tow than my 24' skiff with a 1500 pickup. the trailer is a 15000 lb, with 6, 12 inch rotors, and a EOH controller. its stops like a champ, very predictable and controllable. .

jcacchio

Reaction score
Did you do much work on the boat? When I looked at "Smiling Rat" about 4 years ago in Berlin MD the boat was outside and a mess.

dale1

Reaction score
jcacchio, yes. the last owner was a professional restoration shop in Fl. they purchased it in MD, and started fixing the boat in order to make a profit. they fixed the hull issues, and did a great job. But, it became to much of the little stuff. I had it surveyed and the surveyor said it was very good start. I sent the photos to Grady before I purchased it. an engineer said the hull can take a lot and if repaired properly, it can be as good as new.

So, I rebuilt the legs on both motors, "power heads were not hurt" I have started on the unnecessary stuff now. I put in A/C, working on a full windshield, led lights, remodeled galley, self-launching windlass, rear hatch access, remodeled dash. etc. I used to own an automotive restoration shop. I have a nine level in aircraft maintenance, and a ASE master certification in auto mechanics. So, I like tinkering on it.

It will be custom and very nice when done. I think I'm going to paint the sides the same color as the new truck, and sell them as the ultimate King Mackerel tournament package:) then I'll start over on anther one.

I took all the Ram emblems off the truck and replaced them with GW emblems. looks nice. :)