Nav lights on a 208

twinlks

Reaction score
Looking for help I just bought an 01 208 Grady and my nav /anchor lites don't work. Tried resetting by pushing the reset above the rocker switch but still nothing. I have heard that they go bad. any suggestions on trouble shooting and the best place to buy a replacement switch and reset Thanks :

seasick

Reaction score
twinlks said:
Looking for help I just bought an 01 208 Grady and my nav /anchor lites don't work. Tried resetting by pushing the reset above the rocker switch but still nothing. I have heard that they go bad. any suggestions on trouble shooting and the best place to buy a replacement switch and reset Thanks :

First thing to test is if the actual fixtures are getting juice., both 12V and a good ground. The bulb holders fail a lot more often than the switch.
Then test the output of the switch. To do so, you will have to unscrew the switch panel and check out the wiring. You probably have a few spare switch positions. You can swap the breakers if you suspect one is bad.

Average Joe

Reaction score
I switched to Attwood LED's purchased from Overton's a few years ago. They have a ten year warranty, had one go bad after a couple of years and they replaced it with no hassle. No problems since.

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
check the bulbs first. Most likely that is what it is, if not then start check for power to them. Like seasick said, usually not the switch. If you are going to replace the lights switch over to LED.

seasick

Reaction score
If you are thinking about going to LED nav lights, I recommend that you change the entire fixture and not just the bulb. The reason is that using a white LED lamp in a fixture with a colored lens can result in below spec light output.
To read an explanations, refer to
http://www.dhr.nl/dhr-marine/blogs/inca ... s-led-bulb

twinlks

Reaction score
Thanks guys..I found that the barrel bulbs on both port and starboard were't making good contact and that solved that !