Need Help From the VA/MD/DE Striper Fisherman

hotajax

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Where can I get those big silver trolling spoons, Crippled Alewife? The ones about a foot long? Sorry, it's not exactly a Grady topic, but time is short. Thank you in advance.

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Troll montauk bunker spoons, do not buy Reliable spoons, they are JUNK and catch more bluefish then stripers. Secret spoons work well but are expensive. Tony Acceta makes the pet spoon, that might be what your looking for, they are long and narrower then a bunker spoon and I know guys down your way troll them a lot. They all work well. up my way we do better on bunker spoons then the "PET" spoons. Also, you need a good rod to get the right action out of any of these lures, a standard rod will not do the trick and will not be nearly as productive, you really need a soft tip with the right action to let these lures pulse properly.

Z4J

Reaction score
Tilghman

Stripers start this weekend, best place on the bay for tackle is Fairbanks Tackle, Tilghman Island. A Third generation family run Tackle shop on the Island side of the Knapps Narrows Draw Bridge. Anything from soup to nuts can be purchased. A "Hang out" for local watermen and head boat captains. A source of much information .
Fairbankstackle.jpg

Beer, wine, tackle, bait, licenses, and gotcha stories to go.

Seahunter

Reaction score
You can buy Crippled Alewives just about anywhere. I believe your looking for a 13/0. You can get them at just about any shop that carries Bay tackle

My preference, and what I drag religiously, is a 21 Tony Accetta. Just never had all that much luck with the Crips

CA_Chrome_Green_Gold.jpg

Z4J

Reaction score
stripers

We had 9 stripers by 8:am. Kept only our limit and headed in. Caught all on sassy shad including a 44".