New Here with my new to me chase

mrmrezg

Reaction score
Model
Chase
I have been shopping for a while and wanting to get a cat in the 25'-30' range but I wanted it to be a walk around. Well, the few that are, or were, for sale seemingly have very proud owners. so I started looking at monohulls and took a liking to the marlins and the sailfish. but what I was finding was still priced a little too high when compared to other boats. I found a pro-line that seemed right and started looking into it. when my surveyor tried to let the broker know that he would have a mechanic to look over the engines, the broker began to act as though he didn't want anyone to look at the engines. the conversation ended with a few F-bombs going in both directions. I don't know who was at fault but I don't want to buy anything from someone that wants to hide things from me. So I call off the deal and get my deposit back, and start searching again. I opened Facebook and happened to see a GW chase for sale. It was priced a little high for a '95 but it seemed to be a nice boat with a pair of 200 HPDI Yamahas, and well cared for, and it was local.

So, I started asking myself, "why do you want a cabin?", to store junk. "Would a center console work for us?", yes, it would. So I reached out to the seller and scheduled a time to go and look at the boat. Turns out that the boat was owned by two young men that bought it as a partnership and were wanting to move up to something bigger. We liked what we saw but it doesn't take much for a boat to look good on a trailer, so we made a plan to sea trial the boat. This went smoothly and we agreed on a price. This was on a Friday afternoon so I wasn't able to get to the bank until the next week, but I did and Have my first Grady-White in my yard.

Attachments

• B35A6BB2-84D6-40DF-AAC5-F3E48E13301D.jpeg
    B35A6BB2-84D6-40DF-AAC5-F3E48E13301D.jpeg
    736.3 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: PointedRose

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Congrats on the new to you boat. In the Seattle area we typically all have walk around boats and is one of the many reasons why I bought my 228 Seafarer. I love the versatility they offer in that you can put your downriggers and other fishing gear in the cabin as well as sleep overnight if you choose, have the kids or other crew take a nap and store whatever you want in there. I also like the added weight that the cabin puts in the front of the boat to help offset the weight distribution. But the walk around boats seem more and more like a dying breed as the years go on. The Grady White Tigercat's are even rarer yet, much more so than the standard walk around, and especially the walk around version of the Tigercat, which is I believe called the F-26? I saw this one for sale in Florida some time ago but am assuming it has since sold since it was listed over a month ago now. Good luck with the new boat and congrats!

Capt Jim

Reaction score
Model
Chase
Not at all! We are very happy with ours

Great boat, versatile and handles great.
We are looking forward to getting it back in the water as Spring is just about here.

Reactions: mrmrezg

Byram

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sportsman
awesome...good for you

mrmrezg

Reaction score
Model
Chase
my wife got me a "gremlin bell". in the motorcycle community a gremlin bell is supposed to ward off the gremlins that cause mechanical issues. yes, I know, its a boat, not a bike boat it's a nice thought. and it doesn't ring too loudly.

Attachments

• tempImageqpCqBD.png
    tempImageqpCqBD.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
Reactions: Byram and igblack87