New Here

86TrophyPro

Reaction score
Hi I recently found this site and after browsing through some posts found it was pretty interesting and quite informative, I own an '86 Trophy Pro that I purchased used in '03, I've done quite a bit of work to it but like all boats there's allways more to be done, hope some of you guys can help out, as I will when I see something posted that I've dealt with. Anyway happy to be aboard! :D

7f7f0121.jpg

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
That's an '86??

Holy Cow....never seen one that looks that good for as old as it is..

Either you or the previous owner(s) put lots of time into upkeep..
In any case you have a real neat rig.

86TrophyPro

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome and compliments, It has it's original gelcoat polished & waxed of course and has never had bottom painted, here's a few more pics some with the old bracket (pre new transom) old vs new, rocket launchers, the seats have since been changed to Pompanette ladderbacks and gold anodized rod holders have been added to the vertical hardtop supports but no pics yet, many other changes have also been made and many are still pending, ie; repowering, switch panel, etc..

DSC00693.jpg

DSC00858.jpg

333ca2ce.jpg

c3abaf7b.jpg

DSC00168.jpg

jekyl

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Awesome to see classics that have been updated and well cared for as well as being USED!

Looking forward to your posts.......

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
The legendary Sailfish hull ! May they live on forever!

That's an interesting motor bracket, only the starboard side has a wing platform extender, can you tell us more about the bracket?
It definitely is not original.

And what are those black rectangular shapes below the stern gunnel cleats?

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
She's in nice shape!

Armstrong bracket?

86TrophyPro

Reaction score
I could see how you'd think the bracket only extends to one side the 1st pic at the dock was 4 days after purchased with the original one as you could see I had already removed the old stripes and compounded and polished the hull. The new one is a 30" powdercoated aluminum "All in One Marine" bracket it was actually custom fitted to the boat. As for the black rectangles they're vents been there since I got her I'll post more pics later.

catch22

Reaction score
86TrophyPro said:
I could see how you'd think the bracket only extends to one side the 1st pic at the dock was 4 days after purchased with the original one as you could see I had already removed the old stripes and compounded and polished the hull. The new one is a 30" powdercoated aluminum "All in One Marine" bracket it was actually custom fitted to the boat. As for the black rectangles they're vents been there since I got her I'll post more pics later.

Your boat was more than likely originaly powered with "Seadrives", (bracketed OMC outboard). The vents were used for the ducted Seadrive. Either that, or the boat was an i/o and converted to an outboard bracket.

86 was when GW first introduced the "Grady Drive", (their bracket) and it was only available up to the 24' models, (single outboard). Prior to that, the choice was either notched transom, i/o, or Sea Drive. In 87, they started including the larger, twin outboard Grady Drive and did away with the Seadrive version.

Your new bracket looks like a "Stainless Marine" brand.

Again... nice boat.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
And plenty of gunnel rod holders!

The vents were not on any outboard model I've seen, however, I get plenty of moisture from condensation and accompanying mildew in the transom area, may actually help!

catch22

Reaction score
BobP said:
And plenty of gunnel rod holders!

The vents were not on any outboard model I've seen, however, I get plenty of moisture from condensation and accompanying mildew in the transom area, may actually help!

Bob,

I had an 85 24 Offshore, with a ducted 2.6 liter Seadrive. The motor had a removeable section on the front of the cover, (cowling). It had a large flexible hose, (bellows) that attached to the center of the transom, (same area where the cables are fed). Both vents are connected, (air duct hose) to that center area, inside the the transom.

On an i/o, one vent faces forward, the other faces aft... for ventilation. On the ducted Seadrive, both vents face one way, (I think it was forward?). That's one way 86TrophyPro could tell if it was a "Seadrive" version.