New Here

86TrophyPro

Reaction score
Yes She definatly had Seadrives at one time, from the inside there are still cutouts in the liner.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Whoa!

A lot of upgrades, thought the seadrives ended earlier than this model year.

86TrophyPro

Reaction score
This has got to be my favorite thing about this boat, you don't see spacious cockpits like this in the newer designs

DSC01148.jpg

catch22

Reaction score
86TrophyPro said:
This has got to be my favorite thing about this boat, you don't see spacious cockpits like this in the newer designs

I agree 100 %.

Most, if not all models, now have the "Euro" transom, which, imo, sets the motors too far back in the "fishing" zone. More and more creature comforts placed in the cockpit area, trying to appease the entire family.

They sort of hung on to the old style with the 26 Express... then they ditched that model? :?: :x

There's nothing like a totaly clear, unobstructed cockpit area, to work fish from.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I have the same stern on the 1992, and we fish the entire stern, walk the line right around the motors when fighting fish, get to lean on the continuous coming pad on all three sides. If the line is straight done the , stand right in the middle, on busy visitor day, three guys at the stern, no problem.

There was a time I wanted to sell mine and get the later model, but would be giving up a fishable stern I want. The euro stern looks nice, but the middle year versions had the bench seat, but even worse - can't lean when it rocks and roll out.