Power Pole or trolling Motor

mmsalt

Is anyone using a power pole or trolling motor on their Grady? I have a 192 Tournament and am looking for a easier way to anchor and control the boat. Please include any photos if you have them. I see many challenges in mounting a trolling motor so am open to all opinions.

Thanks
Mike

greatgrady

I used the minn kota trolling motor to control my 204c mounted and worked perfect. I tried to post a general picture.

Attachments

• 386326_285657078143471_1733067206_n.jpg
    386326_285657078143471_1733067206_n.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 1,827

jaydub

I have a 60", 24 V, remote control Minnkota bow mounted on my 222 Fisherman. I really like it because it lets me get into the shallows (1.5-2.0 feet)to fish and is great for tarpon fishing here in Florida. The downside is if there is a lot of chop I'll get some cavitation due to the distance between the bow and the water. I wish they made a 66" model but they didn't when I got this one. I also put on a quick release so if I don't need it I can remove it and all that is left on the bow is the small mounting plate. I also put in two additional 12 V batteries (deep cell) with a separate charger just for the trolling motor so that gives me 4 total on the boat. The pic below is before I added the trolling motor.

JTRCNC

Minn kota now offers a 72" shaft for terrova I-pilots. It will need to go to an authorized factoy service center to be installed after purchase.
Also thinking about putting one on my 223 tournament. Anyone else do this?

jaydub

A 72" would probably work great, bow to water. The downside would be the amount of side overhang would be significantly more when it is stored flat. When I had mine installed it was a fine line we had to not block the anchor locker and to clear the bow rails. Even with a 60" shaft I have some side overhang on the port side. If I am in a tight docking situation on the port side sometimes I'll stand the motor straight up so it doesn't smack a dock piling. Anyone trailering a boat would need to do the same thing. Simply slide the shaft sleeve down the shaft so the prop clears the water and the sleeve rests on the shaft holder. The only other thing about the 72" might be a need for 36 v; that would mean 3 batteries and a place to put them.

JTRCNC

Hey Jaydub good points, maybe you could post a photo with the bow mount on. How well does your bow mount pull your boat around on a full day of fishing, our boats should be close in weight. I was considering a 101 terrova which is 36volts.

Moorgard

I have a 60", 24 V, remote control Minnkota bow mounted on my 222 Fisherman. I really like it because it lets me get into the shallows (1.5-2.0 feet)to fish and is great for tarpon fishing here in Florida. The downside is if there is a lot of chop I'll get some cavitation due to the distance between the bow and the water. I wish they made a 66" model but they didn't when I got this one. I also put on a quick release so if I don't need it I can remove it and all that is left on the bow is the small mounting plate. I also put in two additional 12 V batteries (deep cell) with a separate charger just for the trolling motor so that gives me 4 total on the boat. The pic below is before I added the trolling motor.

I am looking to do the same. do you have the pic mentioned?