Replacement Decals / Stripes

gradygraham

Reaction score
Has anyone replaced their decals or stripes? I've got a small section that has come off on my 2004 Seafarer. Figured I'd swap everything out since I need to fix one section.

gradywhite248

Reaction score
I bought originals / new ones on E-bay. If you cant find some people are taking the boat to one of their local graphic decal places popping up like the ones you see on trucks?

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Your GW dealer should have them. Have a professional put them on or take your time.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I have done a couple of feet. not sure I would want to tackle the whole boat. The decals have a two sided peel off film. I found getting the outside film off to be the toughest. Not even sure how I did it but it takes a while how to get it to peel off without taking the decal too. If you don't take the outside film off it looks great for about a week, then it starts to yellow and look awful. Maybe someone has a tip on how to do it

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I just re-striped my entire boat - took about an hour. But I have done this multiple times before. If it's something you're 'on the fence' about doing it yourself, or are not sure of your comfort level for this, I would suggest skipping it and hiring someone. The last thing you want to do is waste the roll of tape you just bought and then have to pay someone to do it... along with buying another roll. There's a few tricks and tips that can help, but I'll save my typing until there's a response. This, of course, is assuming you're doing the whole thing - splicing in a small piece is, as expected, less work.