Sailfish: 1 bilge or 2?

fishbust

Reaction score
Have a 272. Is the forward bilge connected to aft bilge or is there bulkhead (or other obstructions) separating them?

It is too cold out for a water test to find out at this time.

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
On my 252G, the front bilge is connected, but seems you have to put quite a bit of lift when on the trailer to get it to flow to the back. I think there might be a PVC tube in there that restricts the flow somewhat.
I have flushed several times with a pressure water hose to make sure it was clean and free of obstructions and seemed to improve after my initial purchase a few years ago. When front is cranked up on trailer, it does drain back and eventually dries out.
But if it was in the water, I expect it would always have water in there.

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I kept my 2000 sailfish on a lift. There are bulkheads but a PVC tube runs through it. I would have to flush now and then to keep open as it would jam with insulation pieces and other debris. I once had to feed a small PVC tube through it from the stern bilge area to get unclogged.

HBSteve

Reaction score
We have a 2005 282. There are bulkheads but PVC holes in the bottom along the hull. The boat is new to us but I think the forward bilge under the mid-berth is the lowest point while stationary. Water should be able to transition to the aft bilge if your moving with the bow up a bit (or on the trailer with he bow raised).

Clockwork

Reaction score
Connected via pvc pipes but there are still spots that wont drain. Water will collect atthe low points. And yeah yougotta really tilt it to get it drained.