Sailfish 27.5

Riverlife

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
What is the 1inch hole next to the trim tab actuator that goes through the hull?
I'm getting water from somewhere.

Riverlife

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
This is what is should like from the other side. I believe there is a drain in the motor well that is plumbed to the trim tab recess.View attachment 14448
Thought that may have been where they ran. About impossible to access and believe I'll be pluging both ends. Transom scuttle holes bail the motor well just fine. Thanks

seasick

Reaction score
Very odd. I doubt it is to relieve air pressure. It seems to be an odd place for a motor well drain. It also looks plastic and that makes think it was not original

the.devo

Reaction score
Looks aftermarket. Put a hose in and turn it on, have someone on the boat to look and listen.

Sparkdog118

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
The yellowfin had a mod like this to pressure release the tab area when getting on plane. Had a problem trapping water in the tab compartment slowing take off speed. This vent fixed it. Not sure if Grady did this also.

Late Again Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Website
www.littleriversportfishing.com
Model
Sailfish
Got to thinking.. is that through hull line to keep air from being trapped in tab well?

I'm going to give mine a good look see next time I'm down on the boat. I'm gonna have somebody look back there when we throttle up and see if any water comes into the motor well from that fitting.

Sparkdog118

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
The air would be traveling from the top down (Out of the hole)to release the water from the compartment. Probably Won’t see much. If it is a release vent.