Seafarer Canvas Cover

Strikezone

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
My drystack is undergoing a rennovation and will be replaced with an exposed rack system. Before there was an enclosed "barn" that kept the boat from being exposed to the weather, sun, etc.

I am considering purchasing a canvas cover to keep the exposure to a minumun and would like some recommendations if anyone can help out. I do have a hardtop on my 228 so I'm sure that will make a difference.

G8RDave

Reaction score
That's the one I have. I have been very happy with it, but I'm not sure it would work for your situation. It relies on the straps being attached to the trailer to keep it tight. Probably wouldn't work in a rack.

DSC02370.jpg

Reaction score
While mine came with a trailer cover, I was thinking about a cockpit cover for my 228 (no hard top) for at the dock. I got a quote for a one that would go over the window and back to the transom for $800 to $900. While I can not picture how it will look, I have to do some thing to keep it out of the weather. Have you seen any pictures of a 228 with a cockpit cover?

GW-208

Reaction score
Srikezone, I bought a 208 last fall from Seel's and got the optional hard top with it. I had LaPorte's Upholstery (off Dorchester Rd in North Chasn) make my cover. You drop the boat off with them and they measure and make the cover to fit. Mine clips right up under the hard top all the way around and it is easy to put on and off by myself. It zips open in the middle, cinches down with a draw cord, they even have sand bags to clip on the corners to throw over the 4 corners to keep the cover weighted down if you keep your boat on a lift/dock verus straps etc. They really have it down to a science and have been told that it should last 7-8 years. I can email you a pic if interested but have problems with posting pics on GG website.

Strikezone

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
GW-208 said:
Srikezone, I bought a 208 last fall from Seel's and got the optional hard top with it. I had LaPorte's Upholstery (off Dorchester Rd in North Chasn) make my cover. You drop the boat off with them and they measure and make the cover to fit. Mine clips right up under the hard top all the way around and it is easy to put on and off by myself. It zips open in the middle, cinches down with a draw cord, they even have sand bags to clip on the corners to throw over the 4 corners to keep the cover weighted down if you keep your boat on a lift/dock verus straps etc. They really have it down to a science and have been told that it should last 7-8 years. I can email you a pic if interested but have problems with posting pics on GG website.

Do you have a ballpark figure for this cover?

GW-208

Reaction score
Mine was $ 1450 with sand bags, taxes and all. I'd guess yours would be slightly more b/c it would take a little more material to make it. They are pricey but I think they are worth it. I had a Sea Pro center console before the GW and bought a cover from Boaters World about every year and a half b/c they just didn't last. There number is 760-6101 if interested. FYI, my father in law just got a jet dock drive on slip at Bristol Marina for $ 285 a month and they threw in 2 months free for a year lease. If your boat is gonna be in the weather anyway, it might be a consideration. It comes out to less than 240 a month and youve got access 24/7 etc, etc if your going to sort of be in the elements anyway and plan on covering the boat. Something to think about.

davenjohn

Reaction score
:hmm I was thinking when i got it that it was a little large for a :jaw