suicide knob / power knob for steering whel

Recoil Rob

Reaction score
Model
Sportsman
I'll primarily use it in close quarters, especially when backing up, easier to turn with one hand.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Edson is still the king.
That seems to be the consensus. But I just can't fork out $100 on a knob...don't get me wrong , I can spend stupid money on lots of things...but that knob...just can't do it.... been looking at that for years. Bought the cheap one- didn't work. I have a big destroyer style wheel.

Maybe someday switch to a smaller 3 spoke wheel with a knob and add power steering

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
That seems to be the consensus. But I just can't fork out $100 on a knob...don't get me wrong , I can spend stupid money on lots of things...but that knob...just can't do it.... been looking at that for years. Bought the cheap one- didn't work. I have a big destroyer style wheel.

Maybe someday switch to a smaller 3 spoke wheel with a knob and add power steering
It took me some time to do it, as well. But I can say that it is WELL built - it's amazingly heavy for how small it is. SUPER smooth, too. Customer service is great, as well. My brother removed it for some reason, then put it back on but didn't tighten it up enough. When I got to the boat it was laying on the floor and part of the insides were nowhere to be found (I assume washed out through the scuppers after a rain). I called Edson to buy new "guts"... they sent them for free even though I told them it was completely our fault.

Keeldad

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
The Edson is worth the price. It will also occasionally remind you that it is there as well ( at least on the Seafarer).

Squid1962

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I just bought the Edson knob for my 330 Xpress. I have one on my old cc and it has been great for 15 years. The real deal. Just feel the weight and quality. Well worth the $$

Recoil Rob

Reaction score
Model
Sportsman
Well maybe a destroyer wheel with and Edison in the future, right now I have other things to spend that cash on.

This looks like it will be a decent work around, I pulled my existing wheel and a hole drilled in one of the spokes will mount the knob.

One more question, when I puled the wheel the shaft key is a slightly corroded, should I just brush it off or make the effort to remove it cleanly and replace it with a stainless one? Are stainless keys even available?

thanks,

Rob

IMG_1858.JPG

IMG_1859.JPG