Thru-hull transducer mounting location on 330 Express

kirk a

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
My 330 has the transducer in the forward bilge, where the raw water and livewell through hulls are located. It is slightly to port and towards the bow related to the through hulls. Seems to work quite well, much better than the transom mount for the other unit. It will read bottom at cruise, as long as I'm in under 100' or so.

JosephC

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Hi, I have a B164 50/200 installed in that same location now and it works okay, but not great. I would like to add a Chirp H/W transducer and wasn’t sure of the best location. Based on reading the thread there are a few different options. What did you end up doing? Thank you in advance..

Rodney
I called Grady White and they told me to use a transom mounter transducer, so that's what I did. The transom mounted transducer is not great at high speed and I constantly lose the bottom when I fish deeper than 600 feet but I didn't want to go against the factory recommendation.

seasick

Reaction score
I called Grady White and they told me to use a transom mounter transducer, so that's what I did. The transom mounted transducer is not great at high speed and I constantly lose the bottom when I fish deeper than 600 feet but I didn't want to go against the factory recommendation.
Try lowering it 1/4 to 1/2 inch and see if that makes a difference. Loosing bottom could be caused by water turbulence ( and its bubbles) and turbulence increases with speed. The angle of the transducer may also benefit from changing its angle relative to the bottom of the hull. Make one change at a time. For the angle, if the transducer is pretty much level to the hull, try raising its rear one click ( a few degrees)

Bayhouse

Reaction score
I mounted the GT-51TM right on the centerline of my 330 and it worked great at all speeds in moderate depths (<800'). There were no obstructions on the bottom of the hull forward. The original Furuno P60 in this pic was replaced with a 1k (B265 ?) that also worked great at all speeds.

BTW, those holes were filled in with SeaBlazeX UW lights

20180317_141739 (2).jpg