To E-TEC or NOT E-TEC that is the question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoutheastFL

Reaction score
mboyatt said:
FloridaDan, a.k.a. SoutheastFl, just can't help himself. The anointed one has spoken. We defer to your excellency. Please, continue to bloviate. Sad thing is, the poster - GradyDriver - failed to thank you for imparting your knowledge. I wonder why?

Your comments just proved for everyone to see that you can't disprove any of the testimonials or facts I've supplied and are a coward for not having the guts to stay on topic as well.

mboyatt

Reaction score
Coward? Again, please continue with your nonsensical tripe. I don't need to disprove anything, Dan. Happy trails, little man.

CatTwentyTwo

Reaction score
onoahimahi said:
There is a hot thread on this topic on Hulltruth at the moment - starts with a guy sitting on a beach and counting the number of E-TECs vs Yamahas cruising by...

http://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-for ... ec-up.html

I saw that, kind of surprised not to see our own SoutheastFL/Dan on there contributing his "facts". With his charming powers of persuasion and winning personality he always adds so much to the E-TEC threads.
It almost makes me think maybe he's been banned from THT. :lol:

Reactions: dbiscayne

CatTwentyTwo

Reaction score
SoutheastFL said:
CatTwentyTwo said:
Hey guy's, do we have any members here that happen to work in the mental health profession? If so I would sure like to hear your opinions of what might be the root cause of a couple of what I would call "internet personality disorders" that I see quite often on various boating forums. The first one is directly related to the E-TEC line of motors and any discussion about them. These discussions always draw out 1 or 2 people that freely admit to having no personal experience and yet they feel compelled to troll the internet ready to jump in and dominate the discussion. What these 1 or 2 people seem to have in common is a bizarre and and may I say, nearly unhinged hatred for a product they don't own and never will.
I actually feel sorry for these types as this cannot be normal or healthy behavior.

The second thing, and it appears to be closely related to the first, is the childish need of these 1 or 2 people to have the last word in any discussion involving E-TEC motors. What's up with that? Anyways, as I said earlier, I would be most anxious to hear if anyone has a professional opinion about what might cause these disorders. :?

PS: Just a note to SoutheastFL/Dan.
I know you are very thin skinned and can be quick to see offense where none was intended. Please be assured my curiosity here is in no way a personal attack and is not directed towards your "contributions" to these discussions. :wink:

What a truly assinine response that once again does NOT directly answer the OPs question for the simple reason that you have NOTHING to contribute so you once again go low class and make it personal.

- Where are all your fuel tests and testimonials that show the etec gets better fuel economy than the many I provided that show 4Ss actually do ? You don't have any

-Where is your equivalent of Angers Edge Marine, a broker that sells over 700 boats a year, to disprove his "etec is the kiss of death" quote ? You don't have any.

- Where are your over two dozen salt water boat builders who don't install 4Ss exclusively but use only the etec instead ? You don't have any.

- Where are your four salt water custom boat manufacturers like Yellowfin, SeaVee, Intrepid, and Nortech that install the etec on the vast majority of boats they build, instead of only 4Ss like they all currently do ? ( and all with order backlogs as well ) ? You don't have any.

- Where is your factory sales and technical support rep from a company like I supplied in Pro-Line, which even offered a choice of the etec and 4S engines, to disprove what he said that the "overwhelming volume of boats get built with 4Ss" ? You don't have any.

- Where is your poll to disprove the one that I supplied that shows boaters prefer 4Ss over the etec by an over 6 to 1 margin ? You don't have any.

- Where is your testimonial from the USCG to disprove they've put on over 10,000 trouble free hours on their Honda 4Ss ? You don't have any.

- Where are the many commercial owners of etecs that have put on 5,000 to 8,000 hours of use, just like the ones I've supplied from Yamaha, Suzuki, and Honda 4Ss owners that have ? You don't have any.

- Where is your etec owners manual where it says if the engine is used in salt water it doesn't require annual maintenance just like the one that I supplied that says it does ? You don't have any.

If you're so smart and know so much better - show us your facts to disprove all these.

Nah, not you. You have nothing to contribute to the OP so you come on here and run your big mouth. Maybe you are the one that should take a serious look in the mirror and ask yourself what causes you to not directly answer the OPs question but instead make personal attacks and break the forums rules. Your behavior actually proves you're the one with the "mental health issue."

We're all waiting for your facts - Do you have the guts to stay on topic, or are you just going to run your big mouth and contribute your usual personal attacks and show us once again what a coward really sounds like.

Aw geez Dan, didn't your doctors warn you about forgetting to take your meds on time? Not to worry though, we're here for you.

Just close your eyes for a minute, imagine yourself in your nice quiet happy place, maybe a warehouse full of unsold 4 stroke Yamaha's or something.
Now deep breaths....inhale...........exhale..........inhale. There, all better now? :)

I must admit you're right about me though, I don't have any "facts" to share about E-TECS. I have never owned one in the past, I don't own one now and in fact I don't even have any friends that own one.
Hey wait now, I just realized that means we have something in common. We both have exactly zero personal experience with them! Oh my goodness, who would have guessed.

SoutheastFL

Reaction score
CatTwentyTwo said:
SoutheastFL said:
CatTwentyTwo said:
Hey guy's, do we have any members here that happen to work in the mental health profession? If so I would sure like to hear your opinions of what might be the root cause of a couple of what I would call "internet personality disorders" that I see quite often on various boating forums. The first one is directly related to the E-TEC line of motors and any discussion about them. These discussions always draw out 1 or 2 people that freely admit to having no personal experience and yet they feel compelled to troll the internet ready to jump in and dominate the discussion. What these 1 or 2 people seem to have in common is a bizarre and and may I say, nearly unhinged hatred for a product they don't own and never will.
I actually feel sorry for these types as this cannot be normal or healthy behavior.

The second thing, and it appears to be closely related to the first, is the childish need of these 1 or 2 people to have the last word in any discussion involving E-TEC motors. What's up with that? Anyways, as I said earlier, I would be most anxious to hear if anyone has a professional opinion about what might cause these disorders. :?

PS: Just a note to SoutheastFL/Dan.
I know you are very thin skinned and can be quick to see offense where none was intended. Please be assured my curiosity here is in no way a personal attack and is not directed towards your "contributions" to these discussions. :wink:

What a truly assinine response that once again does NOT directly answer the OPs question for the simple reason that you have NOTHING to contribute so you once again go low class and make it personal.

- Where are all your fuel tests and testimonials that show the etec gets better fuel economy than the many I provided that show 4Ss actually do ? You don't have any

-Where is your equivalent of Angers Edge Marine, a broker that sells over 700 boats a year, to disprove his "etec is the kiss of death" quote ? You don't have any.

- Where are your over two dozen salt water boat builders who don't install 4Ss exclusively but use only the etec instead ? You don't have any.

- Where are your four salt water custom boat manufacturers like Yellowfin, SeaVee, Intrepid, and Nortech that install the etec on the vast majority of boats they build, instead of only 4Ss like they all currently do ? ( and all with order backlogs as well ) ? You don't have any.

- Where is your factory sales and technical support rep from a company like I supplied in Pro-Line, which even offered a choice of the etec and 4S engines, to disprove what he said that the "overwhelming volume of boats get built with 4Ss" ? You don't have any.

- Where is your poll to disprove the one that I supplied that shows boaters prefer 4Ss over the etec by an over 6 to 1 margin ? You don't have any.

- Where is your testimonial from the USCG to disprove they've put on over 10,000 trouble free hours on their Honda 4Ss ? You don't have any.

- Where are the many commercial owners of etecs that have put on 5,000 to 8,000 hours of use, just like the ones I've supplied from Yamaha, Suzuki, and Honda 4Ss owners that have ? You don't have any.

- Where is your etec owners manual where it says if the engine is used in salt water it doesn't require annual maintenance just like the one that I supplied that says it does ? You don't have any.

If you're so smart and know so much better - show us your facts to disprove all these.

Nah, not you. You have nothing to contribute to the OP so you come on here and run your big mouth. Maybe you are the one that should take a serious look in the mirror and ask yourself what causes you to not directly answer the OPs question but instead make personal attacks and break the forums rules. Your behavior actually proves you're the one with the "mental health issue."

We're all waiting for your facts - Do you have the guts to stay on topic, or are you just going to run your big mouth and contribute your usual personal attacks and show us once again what a coward really sounds like.

Aw geez Dan, didn't your doctors warn you about forgetting to take your meds on time? Not to worry though, we're here for you.

Just close your eyes for a minute, imagine yourself in your nice quiet happy place, maybe a warehouse full of unsold 4 stroke Yamaha's or something.
Now deep breaths....inhale...........exhale..........inhale. There, all better now? :)

I must admit you're right about me though, I don't have any "facts" to share about E-TECS. I have never owned one in the past, I don't own one now and in fact I don't even have any friends that own one.
Hey wait now, I just realized that means we have something in common. We both have exactly zero personal experience with them! Oh my goodness, who would have guessed.

Still haven't got the guts to stay on topic, coward !

Keep right on showing everyone just how incredibly ignorant you are with your personal attacks, the only one you're hurting is yourself ! All they do is encourage me to supply more testimonials and facts which directly answer the OPs question !!! :goodjob

Regarding the poor resale of etecs, here is yet another brokers comments:

""I'll share the view from my window. I sell boats and make a very nice living doing so. I talk with people about what they want day in and day out. The VAST majority of the people buying boats today want a four stroke motor. I know there are many arguments in the two stroke vs four stroke debate, but regardless, most people that walk in the door already have their mind set on buying a four stroke motor. I would guess that 98 to 99 percent of the buyers i talk to purchase a four stroke and don't even ask about available two strokes."

http://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-for ... ure-2.html

mboyatt

Reaction score
When it comes time to repower, this thread will cause me to purchase another Evinrude. Money well wasted. Ignorance is bliss. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.