touch dome lights

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
My dome lights don't have a conventional switch. You touch the light to turn it on and off. The one above the helm will not turn off. Has anyone ever experienced this. Is there a fix or solution or is it time for a new light. If I do end up replacing it, I'm probably going to replace it with one that has an actual switch. These touch lights although they look nice, they are just plain annoying. Any inadvertent close contact and they will turn on and off.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
My dome lights don't have a conventional switch. You touch the light to turn it on and off. The one above the helm will not turn off. Has anyone ever experienced this. Is there a fix or solution or is it time for a new light. If I do end up replacing it, I'm probably going to replace it with one that has an actual switch. These touch lights although they look nice, they are just plain annoying. Any inadvertent close contact and they will turn on and off.

Um, no. Lol. The switched lights were or are far from ideal. I switched from the push button switched light Grady installed to the Grady Lumitec switch with spreader light control. I love them.

Lite Tackle

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Lumitec is so nice I’ve become addicted to them. I’ve bought more of their lights than I have places to install them. The spreader lights are second to none.

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
Um, no. Lol. The switched lights were or are far from ideal. I switched from the push button switched light Grady installed to the Grady Lumitec switch with spreader light control. I love them.

The light in question I believe is the lumitec touch light red and white dimming w/o spreader control

Do you have a link or picture of what you installed? I'm curious if they make them without the spreader option. I would like to avoid the traditional dome light which Grady installed on earlier models that have both a switch for the light itself and for the spreader lights. I think these newer lights look nicer. Plus I also don't need the spreader control as on my boat the spreader lights are switched on the panel. My problem with these touch lights are that any close contact will turn them on and off.

Reactions: SmokyMtnGrady

Lucky lefty

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Could you please let me know what the part number is for that exact dome light your speaking about. I need one aswell and I’m having a very hard time trying to find it!

Fishtales

Reaction score
Nice but pricey... I'd have to be using the interior lights a lot to justify that.

Poffdaddy

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I am considering swapping my original dome light to the new led touch light with spreader control. How did you deal with the different wiring harness? Thanks!

luckydude

Reaction score
Website
mcvoy.com
Model
Seafarer

I hate those touch lights, my spreaders just randomly turn on when we are nowhere near the light. If anyone has a plug and play one that is regular switches, like the one in the cuddy cabin, but with 2 switches to do both lights, point me at it please!

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I ordered it through my Grady dealer. I don't recall the part number. I am sorry. just call your nearest dealer and tell them you want the overhead cockpit light with spreader switch with LED touch by Lumatec. I paid about $150 for this light..it ain't cheap. it was easy to install and it works well. Trust me fellas the old mechanic switch version with incandescent bulbs was horrible. I replaced mine twice with the old style . it sucked. The touch LEDs are dimmable ,use much less watts and are sealed from the elements.

Walter28504

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I just purchased the Lumitec dome/spreader light control from Grady White. The new light has 3 wires - black, red & blue. The old one had 4 - two for the dome and two for the spreaders. Do you know how to wire the new Lumitec? I know the blue goes to the spreaders and the red to the dome. Is the black ground wire supposed to be connected to the other two?