Verado on Seafarer?

UCPA111

Reaction score
Ok...providing an update. I've been extremely pleased with the Verado. So many compliments on how smooth and quiet it is. Was pulling out of the launch and a lady (yep...gotta love when the ladies notice) says "I can't believe how quiet that motor is." I said "You have a Mercury on your boat, isn't it a 4 stroke?" She said "Yes. But, it's not THAT quiet." LOL!

My initial sea trials were held without knowing engine rpm (dealer didn't install the vessel view correctly - a whole story in itself - my word of caution - avoid BlackBird Motors in Western PA). At any rate, I was turning around 5600 rpm with the 19P Mirage Plus. I knew I needed to change the propeller to optimize my rpm.

So, I contacted Ken at PropGods. Ken was super cool about emailing me quickly and we had a quick phone call. He recommended the Rev4 in 17P. I installed it and it's hard to believe the difference. I was happy with the way it ran before, and now I am super stoked to hit the rpm range.

I hit 48 mph at top end on multiple runs at 6100 rpm with half fuel, full gear, and 3 guys. Keep in mind, this is with the hard top, but curtains up.
The propeller really lifts the boat out of the hole, where I feel the hole shot is amazing. It's one area I felt was adequate, but not amazing with the 19P. Sometimes you don't know what you're missing until you experience something different. My troll speed increased a few tenths of a mph...which is manageable.

The punch in the mid-line improved, which I thought was not even possible.

If you have prop issues, I'd recommend Ken.

I'll work on some videos when Lake Erie isn't rolling 7-10 foot waves (not an issue with the ocean, but quite an issue with short period of Erie).

Thanks!

Reactions: Qutwrkgofsh