Vinyl care

Gotfish

Reaction score
I am a new Grady 275 Freedom owner, with a slight case of OCD when it comes to keeping the boat and vinyl in great shape. I do not want to hang my back canvas off the hard top in the summer. Looking for suggestions on how you keep your vinyl protected and looking great. Appreciate it.

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I remove my vinyl, such as bolsters, and put it out of the sun/weather when the boat will not be used for a week or so. But the regular use of 303 seems to help immensely. Mine is an express so I can stow some of it. You may want to fabricate cheap covers for your seats etc. In our area mold becomes a problem with covers if not removed weekly.

g0tagrip

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
After having to deal with the sun damage to my Sailfish vinyl, I had covers made for all my bolsters, seats, helm, and companion way entrance. Well worth the relative cost compared to replacing bolsters, gauges, hinges, etc.

Rustygaff

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 255
I coat my vinyl with 303 also. But to keep the UV off the vinyl for prolonged periods, I installed aft canvas and a tonneau piece. When the boat is being used consistently (subsequent days) we leave the canvas in the dock box. But when leaving the boat for days at a time, we button it up to keep it clean and to minimize sun damage. Once you create a "system" for installing the canvas, it only takes a few minutes to snap it in.

Attachments

• Aft.JPG
    Aft.JPG
    312 KB · Views: 762