Virginia Beach Jet Ski Fishing

jetskibrian

Reaction score
My wife Cindy and I left our house in Poquoson Virginia around 0500hrs Saturday morning and headed to Virginia Beach. Cindy got out at the boardwalk with her bike, beach chair and a book then I headed to the boat ramp at Owls Creek. I departed Rudee Inlet on my jet ski just as the sun was coming up. I ran along the CB buoy line looking for Cobia and watching out for debris left over from Irene. I saw a couple of floating trees and old pier piles, that would do some damage! I did not see any sign of Cobia so I went further out to the Cheasapeake Light Tower. I dove the tower for an hour and did not see any fish and I even had great visibility of about 25 feet. On the way back I check four more sets of buoys casting eels for cobia. No fish for me today but an awesome day on the water with almost glassy conditions. I saw a couple groups of dolphin on the way back so I stopped and took some pictures. I just got my jet ski back from the shop last week so this was a good test of my new engine, all ran well and I covered 40 miles burning 11 gallons. I picked my wife up along the beach, we stopped for some lunch and headed home. Here are some of the pictures I took while out.

rudeesunrise.jpg

matador.jpg

dolphin-1.jpg

dolphininair.jpg

dolphinsvabeach.jpg

dolpinheads.jpg

dolphinfins.jpg

bluetrophy.jpg

trophyinair.jpg

vabeachpolice.jpg

wave-1.jpg

castnetting.jpg