Wanted. Grady White Gulfstream or Seafarer Hull with blown or no power

jay77

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am looking for a late 90s to mid 2000s Grady White Gulfstream or Seafarer with blown power or no power on it, in good shape and ideally on a trailer. I am looking to put a bigger four-stroke on the back of it. I have the motor for it already.

Anyone looking to sell?

Thx

seasick

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am looking for a late 90s to mid 2000s Grady White Gulfstream or Seafarer with blown power or no power on it, in good shape and ideally on a trailer. I am looking to put a bigger four-stroke on the back of it. I have the motor for it already.

Anyone looking to sell?

Thx
I think we all understand the process of buying a boat with no or a junk motor and repowering the boat BUT this is something new. I would call this a re-boat project:) ( Buy a motor and then find a boat to put it on!

jay77

Reaction score
I am located in the Pacific Northwest. The motor came off another boat we have in the family, so have it sitting there waiting for a hull!

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Depending on what your budget is, I'd seriously be looking at something like this. Of which I I were in your shoes, I'd buy it, buy a trailer for it and then either sell the motor you've currently got and put that money towards the boat, or sell the motor that comes with the boat and put it towards your savings. It really imo just depends on whatever outboard you've currently got already. I am also a PNW resident, and would caution you on the fact that unless you find a local seller that knows nothing about boat prices... you're likely not going to find any great deals up here or anything like that. I've purchased 3 different boats over the last 6 years and bought each one back on the east coast because of the absolute stupidity of pricing out here on boats in the PNW. Two of them were 21' Arima's and then the third was/is my current boat, which is a 2004 GW 228 Seafarer. Similar boats to mine have sold out here on the Seattle CL for between $55k-$65k, of which I bought my boat back in October of 2021 in Maryland for $26.5k and then drove it the 3,009 miles across the country back home to just north of Seattle where I live. I think a bit more information is needed from you in terms of exactly what you're looking for in that are you looking for a 228 Seafarer/232 Gulfstream with or without a hardtop, one that comes with a trailer, your budget, what size of outboard do you currently have, what's your intended usage and so forth? I could be wrong, but I don't imagine you'll likely find many boats that do have a blown outboard or none at all as most owners likely realize that vintage of boat isn't worth much without any power on it, and will probably have repowered it already. Either way, good luck with your search.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
The only other option that I see in the Seattle area is this boat on Craigslist, which I'm sure you've already seen before, though it's a 1989 and looks to be in a bit rougher shape.

CWMyers

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Still looking? I have 1987 233 Gulfstream. Clean boat, motors not worth repairing.

jay77

Reaction score
Thanks all! Found a 2001 Seafarer 228. Getting an F250 and a 8hp trolling motor installed on it this week.

Reactions: Mustang65fbk

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
2001 228 Seafarer

Has a 2001 200hp HPDI on it currently...Will be putting on a 2017, 250hp on it.

Boat came from a good home in New York.
Good looking boat! I might be a bit biased though. Good luck with the purchase and owning of it.

Reactions: jay77

RIVERTEC_FISH

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 180
Cool, this is exactly what I did but it was a new 250 yamaha. I'm in PNW and sourced my 228 from FL. I really like the boat, best of luch boat hunting if I see something I'll post it up here for you. Be sure to check FB marketplace

jay77

Reaction score
Cool, this is exactly what I did but it was a new 250 yamaha. I'm in PNW and sourced my 228 from FL. I really like the boat, best of luch boat hunting if I see something I'll post it up here for you. Be sure to check FB marketplace

Awesome! I am on Vancouver Island in Canada. The boat is already here and get rigged up to go salmon fishing. It arrived safely from New York last week.

Reactions: RIVERTEC_FISH