When will you splash your boat?

Rosstafari

Reaction score
hey guys! I'm starting to get the itch to get the boat in the water. I bought a 265 express this winter a few months ago and cant wait to get her in the water. I live up in the mystic area in Connecticut. Just wondering what everyone else's plans are this spring

onoahimahi

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I'm anxious to get in with my new-to-me Sailfish. The marina at my yacht club opens 13 April and number of boats will launch then. I've got a lot of work still but hope to be in by Memorial day at the latest.

Winged Pig

Reaction score
I've got some projects to get to, like removing the hard bottom paint (and I'm not having much luck with it) and doing the maintenance on the motors, buffing the hull sides and deck. I am still hoping to get into the water the first week in April, but we will have to see...

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
I usually shoot for mid april. I need a warm week to get the bottom done and all the other odds and ends that need addressing before she goes in. However may be late april this year due to work schedule.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Was in this past weekend....and I'm glad I got the chance....Spring is here and the thermometer is going backwards....

bayrat

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
drbatts said:
I usually shoot for mid april. I need a warm week to get the bottom done and all the other odds and ends that need addressing before she goes in. However may be late april this year due to work schedule.

Same with me, although I notice that as I get older I keep saying"next year Im going to shoot for May 1 rather than April", but then I just get nuts on the first warm day and want it in "yesterday". Im recovering from a recent hernia surgery so I may be forced to wait a bit longer to start getting the boat ready before splashing anyway. If I launch the boat later than usual I guess I'll just have to play catch up and use it twice as much in the warmer weather. Works for me !

Action_Jackson

Reaction score
Won't be until May I don't think here in Ontario, Canada....Just received 10 inches of new snow over the past few days and temps very cold still....hard to believe I was chucking the boat in the water March 30th last year which is very early for these parts!

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Boat stays in the water all year, except for short hauls for lower unit maintenance and a quick bottom inspection.

We generally get in some fishing every month of the winter. Including deep-dropping 75nm out at the Norfolk Canyon.

Water just turned back on at our condo docks on Monday.

Two block walk from the condo to the boat. Easy to check on. When the air temp is really cold I just lower the engines into the water. Water temp never drops below mid-40s, so no freezing.

Spring is here - even though there are snow flurries outside right now - the temp is almost 40*.

Brian

Graybeard

Reaction score
I took delivery of my new Freedom 225 two weeks ago and already splashed in in the Chesapeake Bay by the Bay Bridge. I'm looking to splash it again soon but either work or the crumby weather keeps getting in the way and spoiling my fun. In 2 months the Chesapeake Grady White Boat Owners Club is having a Memorial Day weekend cruise to Solomons Island, Md and I hope to be in bathing suit shape by then.

Lucky13

Reaction score
I also got a new to me 265 this winter. Picked it up down in FL and left it down there for the winter. Got to use it a few times over the winter and loved it. Boat will be back up here in Boston area Sunday hope to be in the water soon after.

Grouper Duper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I feel bad for you guys; I can't imagine not being able to boat year-round! Here's hoping it warms up so you can get out there soon.

wrxhoon

Reaction score
I feel sorry for you guys up in the north, you only use your boats for 6 months per year, what a waste !!
I use mine all year around, I fish at least every 2 weeks but the air temp never drops bellow 40F even in the middle of the night, on winter days typical max day temp is 60F. The only disadvantage in winter its gets dark early.

Graybeard

Reaction score
It's been in the 40's with small craft and gale warnings on the Chesapeake Bay. But I'm off for Good Friday and it's supposed to get in the low 50's. it's still supposed to be windy but it will be good conditions to see if the SeaV2 Hull on my Freedom 225 does what they say it will.

Grady282owner

Reaction score
I should be in this week! Cant wait has been a long winter with the haul out from Sandy! Marina is pretty much ready and so am I!

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
My marina opens May 1. Hope to get in a few days early on Sunday April 28 weather permitting. It's been to cold and rainy for waxing and bottom paint so far this spring.