Wilmington NC to Charleston SC

shadow379

Reaction score
Well its been a long winter and I am ready to strike out on an adventure. I have put a few hours on my old Grady in the last two weekends and am thinking now of taking a little trip. I would like to check out Charleston and am looking for suggestions on where to dock for night. I would also like to know of any dive sites or any interesting destinations in the area. Thanks

Mike

Daman858

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
There are several marinas for transients in Charleston plus a large public marina. Juts do a Google search. Charleston is a beautiful town. You can visit their aquarium, Fort Sumter and stroll around the Battery with all its beautiful homes and gardens. There is also a public open market place right downtown. I assume you're coming down the ICW. Georgetown, SC is a quaint town right at the head of Winyah Bay on the ICW and is a good place to stop for fuel and take a break. Charleston has some fabulous restaurants. Magnolias, Slightly North of Broad (they call it SNOB), High Cotton, Smokey Oak Taproom are just a few of our favorites. There are some interesting wreck dive sites. Just check at the marina for a chart.

Strikezone

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
If you're plannig on staying close to a marina, you might check with City Marina. They have a shuttle that will take you around the downtown Charleston area. The Charleston Harbor Resort & Marina at Patriot's Point has a hotel at the facility. Not sure if they have shuttle but taxis are always an option. This is located in Mt. Pleasant which is just across the Cooper River from Charleston.

As suggested, Goggle these marinas for more information and contact numbers.

GYP-SEA

Reaction score
The Cooper river is suppose to be a good dive if you want to find (BIG) shark teeth, and other neat stuff, BUT, they say it's like diving in coffee.