Windlass Installation of 24' Explorer

Boss Tog

Reaction score
I would like to add the lemar profish 700 to my 93 explorer. The boat is already equipped with a pulpit. I would like to keep the bow cleat in place as it is structurally tied into the bow hook and I would still like to cleat the rode off while using the windlass. Has anyone done this installation. I'm unsure what to do with the anchor locker door.
Thanks,

Yellow Boy

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I rececntly had the same model windlass installed on my 97' Islander. The cleat was moved several inches forward of its' original location and works fine for securing the anchor rode. Works very well.
yb

Boss Tog

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Do you know if the cleat is still tied into the bow hook, or just bolted thru the pulpit. Is the anchor locker door still in place?

Adam

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
My explorer has the same set up and the anchor door is screwed down and sealed with silicon.

Boss Tog

Reaction score
Hey Adam, so is the windlass mounted right on top of the door?
Thanks,

Yellow Boy

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The cleat is fastened to the pulpit only. The anchor hatch was undisturbed as the windlass was mounted on the pulpit fixture well forward of the hatch.. I have a separate "rock anchor" with rode that I keep in the anchor locker which I move before deploying the Danforth anchor. I installed foot control switches next to the windlass but I have not hooked them up yet.
yb

Adam

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Mines mounted actually on the door raised up on some starboard. The boat came like that from the previous owner but I think its all down to personal preference how far forward you mount it.i If you look at the 232 on the grady website its in the same spot over the door but I guess if you move it forwards it makes access easier.