Yamaha Dealer or not

Gotfish

Reaction score
Just wanted to get some feedback to see if anyone uses non authorized Yamaha reps to service/winterize their outboards. I have new F200's and unfortunately the dealers are a good distance from me. I do have a couple of other qualified mechanics/etec dealers around close. Looking for feedback ?

Thanks!

RJTFD

Reaction score
If you want your warranty to cover them I think it requires service from authorized Yamaha rep? Look into that before you have someone other than Yamaha do work on them.

eppem

Reaction score
Make sure they use Yamaha parts too! Not aftermarket or non Yammy...

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I would assume Yamaha is similar to other manufacturer's - meaning, as long as you document what work has been done, you should have zero issues with warranties. Heck, most times, you don't even need any documentation. Yamaha dealers get paid to do warranty work - they're not going to turn something away. The only realistic way a warranty issue could be denied is, POSSIBLY, if an aftermarket part can be PROVEN to have caused the issue. I would just make sure you're taking it to someone who you are POSITIVE knows what they are doing.