Yamaha hour meter

wbdenamur

Reaction score
I just repowered my 2003 Marlin with new twin Yamaha f250s. I used the same gauges. Is there any way to reset the hour meters back to zero or do I need to change them out or record the beginning reading and go from there?

efx

Reaction score
Model
Islander
I think it depends on the gauge version. I know of three different gauge eras from Yamaha and they have different dip switches and allowable settings. I think the new gauges would read hours from the engines computer and not act like a physical or digital clock. Yamaha has excellent documentation for their equipment so you should be able to browse the web to find it. Do you have the gauge model type? It’s typically stamped on the gauge housing.

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
The total engine hours comes from the ECU on the engine not the gauges. You can reset the maintenance hours via the gauges by reading the manual for the specific gauge. I assume you have Command Link gauges either round or square. The instructions are readily available on line and there are a lot of different settings you should review.

Last edited:
Reactions: wbdenamur

wbdenamur

Reaction score
I think it depends on the gauge version. I know of three different gauge eras from Yamaha and they have different dip switches and allowable settings. I think the new gauges would read hours from the engines computer and not act like a physical or digital clock. Yamaha has excellent documentation for their equipment so you should be able to browse the web to find it. Do you have the gauge model type? It’s typically stamped on the gauge housing.
I can take off the panel and look for it.

seasick

Reaction score
Ignore my responses today. My brain seems to not be reading the issues accurately:) I totally missed the part about NEW engines.....

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
My guess is round command link like this. If so easy to reset maintenance hours. Get the manual.
1597592398463.png