Zipper slide repair ?

rorkin

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The curtains on my 2005 seafarer are in reasonaly good shape.. The little metal tabs on several of the zippers have come off making it very hard to use the zippers. Short or replacing the zippers, which might not be the right idea on canvass this old, does anyone have a neat trick for dealing with this ?
Thanks

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
In the past I've used small tie wraps if the traveler part of the zipper is good and it still has the slot where the tab came off. Tie wraps work great for many things, this being one.

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
How about a size 7 or 8 Split Ring from your tackle box then a loop of shoelace or something like that?

Finatic

Reaction score
I have a few zippers that have the same problem. I looped a piece of mono leader material through the hole and put a crimp on the ends.

seasick

Reaction score
If the pull itself broke, the ideas presented can work but if the loop that the pull is attached to is broken you may need to replace the slide. A good canvas shop should be able to match the slide and replace it.
Let us know how things work out

1998sailfish

Reaction score
forgot to mention........ I believe the size you need is a YKK #10 which should work on all but the two arched front windshield panels with the curved zipper.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Stop by the hardware store, go to the key cutting department, and get a key ring. Thread it on the zipper and you are on your way.