Recent content by SkunkBoat

  1. SkunkBoat

    265x with a bow mount trolling motor?

    The cable on the Kraken reached "just " thru the bulkhead to the cabin. (48" i think) I mounted a weatherproof box in the cabin on that fwd bulkhead. I ran the 6awg from Refrig space, thru water heater space, into anchor locker, and up to and thru the back of the box. I mounted a 60A MRCB...
  2. SkunkBoat

    New Grady-White Freedom 265

    calling a bowrider a 265 is like calling this a Mustang :p
  3. SkunkBoat

    New Chartplotter...Maybe?

    Connections will be the same. You didn't say how 7616 is mounted. Looks like the cutout dimension is different. download from Garmin and print both templates and print per printing instructions (You have to print ACTUAL SIZE) Overlay them and you will know for sure whether you have to cut or...
  4. SkunkBoat

    2006 Gulfstream 232 Spreader Lights

    I posted a few years back on this but it was probably in someone else's post about LED spraders and I can't find it. Ditched the Halogens for LED. I added a 3 position pull switch to the e box. Fed from the power to spreader switch. (blue/white wire I think?). Made it easier than trying to move...
  5. SkunkBoat

    265x with a bow mount trolling motor?

    I was out seabassing Friday. Again, its just amazing how well this Kraken works. It holds such a tight spot, even in a strong wind and bouncey sea. I need to get a screen shot of the chart. We can shift and fish around a wreck or rock pile in 10 ft increments. We're fishing in 60 to 125 ft...
  6. SkunkBoat

    265x with a bow mount trolling motor?

    here is the video 90" Kraken on a Grady 265 Express
  7. SkunkBoat

    Marlin Cockpit Window

    T handles are out there... Taylor Made brand I think.. The D shaped latch has eluded me so far..
  8. SkunkBoat

    265x with a bow mount trolling motor?

    Working on a video today to show the whole process. Will post to youtube and then a link here
  9. SkunkBoat

    NJ fishing reports

    Got out to the Klondike for a few hours of seabassing. Not great but we got 18 keeper black sea bass and a couple porgies. Back and cleaned up by 1pm
  10. SkunkBoat

    Marlin Cockpit Window

    When the glass is fully seated in the gasket of the window frame, the T handle will fold out of the way. The black rubber gasket gets hard and gets curves in it. The window doesn't really close all the way. Sometimes you can try lifting the glass or have someone outside help it seat. I have not...
  11. SkunkBoat

    New Grady-White Freedom 265

    front either.... Need a 10 ft rod to fish over motors But you can get 6 adults in the bow seating, with children on their laps, and take them thru the Point Pleasant Canal...family fun....
  12. SkunkBoat

    265x with a bow mount trolling motor?

    It sits nicely just above the begining of the incline. It doesn't hit, even without the "Stabilizer Mount". I put that right next to the cabin hatch its cut very short. I will get pix of that. If you use a Quick release plate, yours will sit even a bit higher due to thickness of release plate...
  13. SkunkBoat

    265x with a bow mount trolling motor?

    I don't think the Sea Bracket will work straight back from the pulpit. It can't put the Kraken out away from the pulpit. see yellow line. The Kraken will be partly over the pulpit (see red line). The Half Circle has to overhang with no interference to deploy the motor. (See orange line) The...
  14. SkunkBoat

    265x with a bow mount trolling motor?

    I went and looked at the Sea Brackets website. First off....$400+ o_O Looks like a good "right out of the box" solution for Center Consoles with no rails. 1/2" is better than 3/8" and they must have success with it? Mounting on gunnel or bow, you are not going to have easy access to put...
  15. SkunkBoat

    265x with a bow mount trolling motor?

    You know how you think you took a picture of something but you never did. Here’s the closest thing on my phone. I will get a better one Friday I didn’t find any other place that didn’t block the nav lights or cleats or anchor locker or anchor or cabin hatch