1988 seafarer faucet pump not working

GradyW4life

Reaction score
I have a 1988 seafarer 228g and this spring I can't seem to get the gunnel faucet to work. Is there a way to access the pump without having to take up the forward floor covering?

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
I have a 1988 seafarer 228g and this spring I can't seem to get the gunnel faucet to work. Is there a way to access the pump without having to take up the forward floor covering?
Are you sure the pump is in the forward area? I don't have any idea on where they put the water pump and tank in an 88. My pump is in the stern and the shower is connected to it there with a Tee going forward to the sink. A lot has changed in 32 years.

GradyW4life

Reaction score
The rear shower didn't come out as an option until a few years later on the seafarer. In 1988 they only had the hand faucet for the freshwater system. From the manuals the tank is located in the forward floor compartment. Thanks for replying! But, I think it is inevitable that I will have to bring up the floor cover. I may put it off until the fall. I don't want to pull back an onion, until the boating season is over!

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I had to replace mine on an 85 but as I recall I had to replace the on/off toggle switch in the gunnel several times. I looked at my old manual and it shows a diagram of the pump and water tank. They are located right behind the main fuel tank so unless yo have an access port right there you would have to lift the deck panel to get at it. It is only a small pump if my memory is right. Grady still has the older boat manuals available for free downloads on their websites in case you don't have a copy handy - Good luck

wrxhoon

Reaction score
In my new 228 the pump is located at the rear on the starboard side. In my old 228 the pump was located under the port side helm seat . I could get to it by pulling out the 6" plate. Have you looked in there ? That boat had 3 outlets, the cabin , the rear shower and a faucet on the port side mounted on the gunnel just forward from the coaming pad.

Last edited:

GradyW4life

Reaction score
In my new 228 the pimp is located at the rear on the starboard side. In my old 228 the pump was located under the port side helm seat . I could get to it by pulling out the 6" plate. Have you looked in there ? That boat had 3 outlets, the cabin , the rear shower and a faucet on the port side mounted on the gunnel just forward from the coaming pad.
Wrxhoon,

I will look at it and see if I can get to it through the access at the port helm. I will post back. Thanks

GradyW4life

Reaction score
Wrxhoon,

I will look at it and see if I can get to it through the access at the port helm. I will post back. Thanks
Update...the guy before me moved the water tank to another compartment so I will have to pull up the deck to get to it. So it looks like a winter project. Too much boating to do!